Formula to figure out tonage for Restuarant.

I am trying to find a formula to figure out the tonage for an A/C unit in a small Restaurant. Btu's per person? 55 to 60 people 960 square ft on the beach. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

You'll need a lot more info than that. Best to have a commercial contractor run a heat load calculation for you. Restaurants have other factors to consider, such as make-up air for the kitchen, lighting, humidity loads from food prep, cleaning, etc. And the heat gain/loss from the structure itself.

Don't scrimp on this. Nothing sucks more than going to a restaurant that is poorly cooled or heated. I can tolerate a cool one but if the wife is cold the dining experience isn't pleasant. You know what they say about keeping mama happy...
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Do a Manual N.

Friends opened a pizza joint. Building about the same size as yours. Came with a 3 ton which the landlord said would be fine. Hah! We added 5 tons to it and in hot weather, even that struggles!

Uh-Oh ...

Manual N required.....

it'l be a lot easier to do it .. now ..

Thank You for the help.

Thanks for helping me out. I have ordered the Manul N and will figure this out in a couple of days. Thanks again for the quick response.