control job needed

Good day all,

My name is Dave and I'm new here. To the point, I was laid off 1 mo. ago. I live in south central PA. I'm about 40 minutes fro B-more and 1 hour from DC and 1 hour from Harrisburg PA.

I've been installing controls ( mostly HVAC ) for the past 8 years +/- and have a strong electrical back ground. I would love to stay in the controls world as long as possible, and to learn programming. The Co. that laid me promised me for 2 years to teach me prog. I was told "as soon as it slows down we will send you with a programmer" well it slowed down and I was kicked in the "boys" and sent on my way. How's that for the loyalty and quality work I gave them. ( sorry just had to get that off my chest )

To the point, I'm not here begging for a hand out but the Co's I want to work for just don't advertise, how do I go about looking for them ie; I installed controls for large hospitals, Govt. buildings, chillers, boilers Andover controls, Automated Logic, etc.etc. any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

Dave

I work for casto technical services out of wv and if you would be interested in working with Trane controls we are hiring for a controls installer with expectations that you will learn to program. If this is something you are interested I would look up our ad on indeed.com. I'm thinking relocation may be required, not sure where you stand on that. You can also message me on here if you'd like.
    Work smarter not harder.