Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There are copper gaskets that goes in flare fittings used in refrigeration Check with your supplier.

You cannot locate gaskets for these fittings because they are not designed to accept or use a gasket.

You may simply have a defective fitting. Start there

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    You cannot locate gaskets for these fittings because they are not designed to accept or use a gasket.

You may simply have a defective fitting. Start there
    Yes, correct me if I'm wrong but those are hydraulic fittings. They're good for a few thousand psi aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Yes, correct me if I'm wrong but those are hydraulic fittings. They're good for a few thousand psi aren't they?
    Yep

Iffin they're leakin, swap 'em out.

Iffin they're leakin, swap 'em out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Yep
    Yep, that's what I thought.

-
    Save yourself ... mo leakies.
    Maybe. If the fittings R Dun Rt it wont leak.

and "30 months guys" AOP... = Maybe the case, too; and -if not in warranty, which accurately COULD BE, but not necessarily a case, I have reason to believe.

Other apps and HVAC:
    Vacuum only? Then about ANY high pressure stiff-common , decent 3/8ths ID (even 1/4" ID for some) water/etc/oil lines , un-affected by oils, can easily withstand a mighty 14.3 lbs/sq-in atm- implosion; and if material is not releasing anything into an evacuated space at a low say 50 microns per an OEM spec or tech data available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You have said this before and it is just not true, there is a huge difference between the 2 manifolds. Here is the Appion;
    Attachment 399731Attachment 399741
    Here is the YJ;
    Attachment 399751
    Nothing similar about them, Appion 3 port, YJ 4 port, Appion vacuum rated to 20 microns, YJ does not rate them for vacuum.

BS in capital letters, my man. The YJ manifold I use is good down to 50 microns or better.

I did my home work on this manifold before I bought it.

I checked with YJs engineer---his name is Nick. A cool Romanian guy--he advised me that the 46081 is good to 50 microns or better..

He would be more than happy to set you straight on the specs of the manifold if you call him at YJ.

So the YJ and the Appion can be compared as equals despite your disagreement to the contrary.

You are the only one having this problem, I would maybe look at how they get assembled or maybe you got a defective fitting or one that got dropped.They do not ever need to flow refrigerant! They are just a passageway to the transducers so they can read the pressure, no flow is involved. And they are hydraulic fittings not plumbing fittings, notice how beefy and thick they are compared to brass plumbing fittings. That is a hydraulic flare on one end and 1/8" NPT on the other end.

Kinda singling me out there ain't 'ya fella? Why? Do i owe you money or something?

Plbg, hydraulic makes no diff....it still is not rated for refrigerant...just because they hold several thousand pounds of press does not mean they will hold deep vacuum.

And there is refrigerant pressure in the swivels. And there is flow thru them when system press is equalized or during refer charging.

And you must have a lot of extra time to mess around with this stuff, I'm so busy there is no way I could screw around trying to make 15 different manifolds work for evac. 2 hoses, and 2 core tools and a micron gauge in their own separate case, and one manifold for diagnostic and service, simple and quick and inexpensive.

How busy our company is our concern.
    And I actually have a hell of a lot more toys and kits my Boss or I purchased than you accuse me of owning.

All of which I put together in the off-season.

I own so much instrumentation because I am very fond of HVAC technology, and using different brands and model instruments keep the job experience fresh and exciting.

I don't see any reason why you even had a need to bring this stuff up. It's off topic...and it's a bit offensive

But you did give me some good insight on how these fittings can be damaged which I truly appreciate. Thank you

Any chance some leak lock got on the flat mating surface of the hydraulic flare, making it unable to seal? Maybe take the fitting apart and make sure the mating surfaces are clean then put some oil or nylog in it and put it together and see if it still leaks.

Maybe you could take the fitting to a hydraulic place and see if they have a similar one in stock, then you could replace it with a new one.

Thats not what he wants lol
    5646 if you do find a gasket make sure you get two so it sits level.
    So did this YJ manifold get piped with the 90's?
    Seems like it should line up with the straights just like the Titan II but the one you got just has a bigger bore.

Any chance some leak lock got on the flat mating surface of the hydraulic flare, making it unable to seal? Maybe take the fitting apart and make sure the mating surfaces are clean then put some oil or nylog in it and put it together and see if it still leaks.

Maybe you could take the fitting to a hydraulic place and see if they have a similar one in stock, then you could replace it with a new one.
    Hmmm....good point about the leak lock.

You can try a copper flare washer 1/4 inch. You will need to machine it by putting a machine screw & nut through the hole and connect the screw to your drill With the drill running file to an exact fit. Then put in place and tighten. Leak fix.

Have you consulted " Uncle " regarding this issue ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast