Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Therein lies the problem!!!!
    You can lead a horse, but!!!!
    Please ratchet it down a notch. That is not at all what it's about.
    If you'd been following this saga you would know that.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Dude.

Save yourself a lot of headache and aggravation and lose the manifold for evacuations.

Mo fittings, mo threads, mo joints, mo leakies.

No brainer, IMO.
    The fitting swivel is leaking and won't stop no matter how much it's tightened.
    I am asking if any one knows where I can get and what type gasket
    could be used to solve my problem.

you KNOW I don't use a manifold as my primary method of evac uation..

The manifold was labor of love for me and is only used when time allows or the whim strikes me.

It was a a project and a labor of love to put it tigether. I have almost a grand into the manifold with the cost of the DC,temp clamp, Appion 3/8 colored hoses and 1/2 evac hose, The YJ 46081 manifold alone was $300.oo.

This manifold is no different than than the Apion Super Evac manifold. But i don't see any body complaining about Appion's manifold. My manifold uses the same size hoses and works just as well.

My problem is one uncooperative swivel 90, not my method of evacuation.

So if any body has a clue to the gasket please let me know. My Google search turned up nada. Even sites that had diagrams with fittings that showed gaskets being used , none of the staff knew nothing about it.

I've seen flat copper gaskets that look like small washers, that are sold at auto parts stores. Would something like that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I've seen flat copper gaskets that look like small washers, that are sold at auto parts stores. Would something like that work?
    don't know. that's why i am asking about the gaskets.

what are the copper gaskets used for in the automotive field?

Pm me your details I got a set of those that I'm never gonna use and ill mail them out to you they're still brand new in the packaging so I'm sure at least one if them will be leak free

Put your AK on a YJ Titan... no swivels. Mine does not leak, I dud not use any leak sealant and tightened them to normal specs.
    I have not read of this leaking swivel being an issue much... must be something other than the swivel.

And I do evacs through the manifold all the time...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post

Head gaskets
    Also Seen aluminum on oil drain pans

You sure it's the fitting leaking after you fixed it last time?
    I'm reading only symptoms in your post.
    My Titan leaks like a rusty boat.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Put your AK on a YJ Titan... no swivels. Mine does not leak, I dud not use any leak sealant and tightened them to normal specs.
    I have not read of this leaking swivel being an issue much... must be something other than the swivel.

And I do evacs through the manifold all the time...
    Titian does not have the 3/8 service ports and 1/2 evacuation ports.
    I've isolated every part. Only leaks on the high side. Albeit slowly.

I got an appion manifold that i am trying to sell

Shoot me a PM

I am not singling out nor picking on anyone... however:

Some folks just want their stuff their way... and sometimes the combinations just will not allow one to have their cake in multiple flavors AND eat it too...

Each of us comes up with the combination that works for us... more power to the ones that make things work for them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

http://www.google.com/search?q=dorman+66222

This shows a assortment of copper washers.

I have no idea of what size they are or if that is what your looking for.

See if your local auto parts store has it. Hopefully there's a old school independent auto parts store near you.

Now, only one fitting is leaking, right?

If only one fitting is leaking and the other is fine, does that not point to either a assembly problem or a problem with the fitting?

Have you tried to take it apart, inspect, and reassemble?

Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    http://www.google.com/search?q=dorman+66222

This shows a assortment of copper washers.

I have no idea of what size they are or if that is what your looking for.

See if your local auto parts store has it. Hopefully there's a old school independent auto parts store near you.

Now, only one fitting is leaking, right?

If only one fitting is leaking and the other is fine, does that not point to either a assembly problem or a problem with the fitting?

Have you tried to take it apart, inspect, and reassemble?
    I wanted to use gaskets from the beginning but nobody I contacted
    who sold the fittings could give me any information on them.

And I figured that there might be an issue when I put my AKs on the manifold with the swivels with out the gaskets and it appears I was right .

These swivels are plumbing parts and not made for refrigerant to flow thru them in the first place. So it was reasonable to expect issues with using them for evacuation.

It is very tedious to use the swivels to mount an AK to Revolver
    manifold. The spacing is just off enough from a YJ to make it a bear to mount straight.

So I was not going to take it apart again. Just need to get the gaskets and hopefully it will solve the leak issue.

This manifold is no different than than the Apion Super Evac manifold. But i don't see any body complaining about Appion's manifold. My manifold uses the same size hoses and works just as well.
    You have said this before and it is just not true, there is a huge difference between the 2 manifolds. Here is the Appion;
    Name:  MegaFlow_Vacuum_Manifold-01.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  17.9 KBName:  MegaFlow_Manifold.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  52.7 KB
    Here is the YJ;
    Name:  QVTIMG20100419164921643.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  12.0 KB
    Nothing similar about them, Appion 3 port, YJ 4 port, Appion vacuum rated to 20 microns, YJ does not rate them for vacuum.

I wanted to use gaskets from the beginning but nobody I contacted
    who sold the fittings could give me any information on them.

And I figured that there might be an issue when I put my AKs on the manifold with the swivels with out the gaskets and it appears I was right .
    You are the only one having this problem, I would maybe look at how they get assembled or maybe you got a defective fitting or one that got dropped.

These swivels are plumbing parts and not made for refrigerant to flow thru them in the first place. So it was reasonable to expect issues with using them for evacuation.
    They do not ever need to flow refrigerant! They are just a passageway to the transducers so they can read the pressure, no flow is involved. And they are hydraulic fittings not plumbing fittings, notice how beefy and thick they are compared to brass plumbing fittings. That is a hydraulic flare on one end and 1/8" NPT on the other end.

And you must have a lot of extra time to mess around with this stuff, I'm so busy there is no way I could screw around trying to make 15 different manifolds work for evac. 2 hoses, and 2 core tools and a micron gauge in their own separate case, and one manifold for diagnostic and service, simple and quick and inexpensive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast