Hello from Vancouver, BC and requesting some assistance.
My name is Mark and I live in BC's lower mainland area. I have just been accepted to BCIT's 40 week HVACR technician Certificate which is an intensive program without a work practicum that will give credit for the first 3 levels of technical training for the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic apprenticeship.
One of the requirements of my application for EI funding is to ask a half dozen employers and employees in the HVAC Industry 14-15 specific questions (see below). So far I have met 3 people in the industry. I would like to invite you to share your hands-on experience within the field for those of us who are just beginning the journey.
If you would be kind enough to take a few minutes and answer these questions, I would be very grateful. Please PM me or send me an email of your responses.
1. Describe what duties you perform in a typical day?
2. What is the education/training required for this position?
3. Would you recommend a particular school for training? Where did you complete your training?
4. What jobs and experience led you to your present position? (within this industry)
5. What is the outlook for this particular position?
6. Are there any major trends happening or changes that you expect to occur?
7. From your perspective, what are the main challenges to working in this field?
8. What advice would you offer a person entering this field?
9. What are the skills that are most important for this position/company?
10. Can you share with me the types of software programs used in this position?
11. What is the typical career path in this field or organization?
12. Could you offer any input on the potential salary range for this position?
13. When you need new staff, how is advertising and recruiting done?
14. Any additional comments?
1. What qualifications do employers typically look for in this occupation?
2. What type of experience is usually required for entry level positions?
3. What training or academic background is needed for a job in this field?
4. Are any specific schools or training programs recommended for work in this field?
5. What are the typical duties and responsibilities for people in this occupation?
6. What type of technology/software would be needed to work in this occupation?
7. Are the any professional associations for the industry?
8. What is the demand like currently for work in this industry or occupation?
9. What is the prospect for growth in this occupation?
10. Are there any changes happening in this field?
11. Describe some of the positive aspects and challenges of working in this field.
12. What type of people do well in this occupation?
13. What is the general salary range of people working in this occupation?
14. How do employers typically recruit for this occupation?
15. Any additional comments?
Thanks very much for your help!
since I like GeoThermal that even is as a lowest first cost: Canadian site back to you, Mark