Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=berg2666;1431776]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhoffa View Post
    "Matched set" belts are not all that important anymore because the quality is much better now.

SO you have good resuls when you buy a browning belt and a dayton belt and put it on a pulley and PROPERLY align and tighten them
    use the same brands, on larger hp motor 20 and above or more than 2 belts sure use matched belts but if you have 2 B-68 for example you'll be fine.
    Say you have a blower with a 150 hp motor like I installed a VFD on with 6 belts then you get matched sets. That 20 ton junker will be fine with new SAME BRAND SAME SIZE BELTS.

[QUOTE=jimmyhoffa;1433789]
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post

use the same brands, on larger hp motor 20 and above or more than 2 belts sure use matched belts but if you have 2 B-68 for example you'll be fine.
    Say you have a blower with a 150 hp motor like I installed a VFD on with 6 belts then you get matched sets. That 20 ton junker will be fine with new SAME BRAND SAME SIZE BELTS.
    a matched set is allowed to be off by 0.3" in length...it does not seem like a lot...but it is. and that is a matched set. imagine an unmatched set. even from the same manufacturer, they can be off.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

Just an update for you guys. Installed a Baldor softstart yesterday and it solved all my problems, blower starts smoothly with no banging, slipping or stress on the drive. Works great ! installation and setup were a breeze.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12