Thread: Noob

Noob

Just signed up this evening. My original plan out of high school was to be in commercial HVAC and instead I chose the more lucrative field of law enforcement (been doing it 17 years +). Still would like to do the work but pretty sure that I can't earn a decent enough salary starting out. Oh well, maybe when I retire.

Welcome aboard !
    I don't know what field of law enforcement your in but HVAC/R can be vary lucrative. I wish I would have started out of high school as well. Maybe then I would be retired. They say if one loves there work they will never have worked a day in there life.

Crime Scene at the moment. I specialize in Firearms Examinations and Computer/Cell Phone Forensics. Guess I'm just bored with it. If the pay were better it would be easier to want to stay but public service never pays well.

Thank you for serving, much respect! Your job has a purpose, some times a vacation or a change of scenery helps but at the end of the day HVACR or Law Enforcement we are all public service, our uniforms are different and dangers are different but at the end of the day we are here to serve the Man. Its never to late to learn a trade, specially if you will enjoy doing what you love, I look at my job as a hobby, and when Im not working I'm thinking about working.

Quote Originally Posted by RACMT View Post
    Thank you for serving, much respect! Your job has a purpose, some times a vacation or a change of scenery helps but at the end of the day HVACR or Law Enforcement we are all public service, our uniforms are different and dangers are different but at the end of the day we are here to serve the Man. Its never to late to learn a trade, specially if you will enjoy doing what you love, I look at my job as a hobby, and when Im not working I'm thinking about working.
    Im glad somebody else feels that way about their job as well. It may be that im fairly new to the trade, but i love what i do! Good point about both being public servants too!

Anybody willing to crawl around in my attic in the Texas heat of June deserves much credit and a medal as far as I'm concerned. Every summer I read stories about ac guys dying from hyperthermia because they get overcome up there. I was once told that people will go without cable tv or food to have their ac units working and I'm here to tell ya that's right on the money. Always said that was a sure way to make a homicide happen was to put a family together in a house with no ac. Stay hydrated out there fellas!