Carrier Flotronic

Any Suggestions On A 66 Code ? Weve Replaced The Sensors In Comp. And In Bundle , Replaced Exv , And Replaced Dryer . Charge Seems To Be Ok . It Only Happens When You Walk Away From It . The Code Is " High Super Heat " When Chiller Is Reset Unit Runs Fine . Any Ideas ?

Have you checked pulsing signal to EXV? Do you have an EXV driver board? Have you checked the wire harness to EXV?

Havent Checked It In Great Detail But Will Check Tomorrow.

on those systems always weigh your charge you stated charge seems to be ok i would recover and weigh back in

do you have 1 or 2 exv's i have replaced a few exv's due to super slow operation, the stepper motor

works fine but the valve and piston assembly gets cruddy inside, take it apart and look at it

and/or determine how long it takes to open up, because they close on each cycle (pumpdown)!

we are talkin carrier gt chillers right?

check all sensor by ohm temp chart

i also have replaced some drivers for the exv's also

dont bother bringin carrier out there to hook there computer up they get tons of data but never figure out the problem!

This unit has 2 exv's we have replaced the valve on the circut giving us the problem , but no luck.This is a carrier gt chiller . Replaced drivers? Do you mean the board or the exv motor? Wow we get the same response from carrier here in florida! I have them scratching around trying to figure A TO51 trouble code on a chiller with the scrolling marques. We have exhausted ourselves on that also.

Isn't TO51 high discharge temp? On the older chillers 51 and 52 were high discharge temp if memory serves me correctly. The fix was to jump out the High Temp sensor in the head. It gave false trips in the circuit.

I did not mean to confuse any one but the T051 is on a newer chiller different location. It could be high press trip , that damn 2.5 amps to ground or I think one other safty. We put carriers "fix" on the unit it was suppose to bypass "weak" control relays we upgraded the software It did not work .I am now waiting for a visit from a factory engineer , I hope he can help .

I installed both the relay kit and I bypassed the discharge sensor on the head and the problem went away.

Three possibilities remaining:

I have had my challenges with Carrier flowtronics and in my opinion, you have three possibities: the refrigerant charge, the expansion valve driver board and power cord, and as a last resort, the microprocessor board.

As already stated very wisely, (1) you should always weigh the refer charge. (2) Ohm out the expansion valve cord and motor (25 olms ?), use voltage to check the thermisters (Ohms has been considered unreliable, but I use both), and as a last resort, replace the microprocessor board, but they usually give a code 55.

I had a similar problem (I have 6 flowtronics) and couldn't find anything wrong, so as a last resort, I replaces the microprocessor baod and the problem was resolved.