+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Zone Hydro Air System

Post Likes

2 Zone Hydro Air System

Another TempRite Hydro Air system. Been doing lote of Hydro. LOVE HYDRO!

Post Likes
    how do you change the filter???

is that pex tubing feeding those units???

why run the electric down then up again??? why not just mount the 1900 over hte knock out and use a bushing???

you need some zip ties on the controll wires!!!
    Last edited by tinknocker11; 03-29-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    LOVED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY!!!

Post Likes
    Looks good from here.

Never heard of hydro air...what are the benefits? How does it work?

Post Likes
    I see a few hydro's here. I remember one call I went on, they had their water heater replaced & the plumber didnt use a quick recovery water heater so they'd have to turn their heat off for a hour before they took a shower so the tank could recover.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2coolme View Post
    Looks good from here.

You and me both, I'd like to learn about them.......hell, I only learned about geo thermal a few years ago, my daughters junior high(new school) has a geo unit and theve had nothing but problems in the winter. I had my doubts about it, I know they are supposed 2 work in any climate but in a Chicago winter when the man made lake is frozen? Anyone work on these regularly?

Post Likes
    Well 1st of all The Builders electrition wired it. So why he didn't mount the 1900 box over the knockout beyond me. The control wire your referring to is the 3 wire from the condenser.It wasn't hooked up yet only started heat at that moment.Filters in the central return grill.We used a filter grill for easy homeowner access.OOO and yes its heat pex supplied by builders plumber. We use it all the time ourselves. We love it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2coolme View Post
    Looks good from here.

its a hot water coil in a air handler!!!

we have done a lot of them too but we use unico systems with hot water coils!!!

oh and we never use pex tubing for our boiler piping!!!

Post Likes
    Oh, I've seen that on spacepaks and unico.

I thought it had something to do with the cooling side of things...easy enough.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker11 View Post
    oh and we never use pex tubing for our boiler piping!!!

Why not?
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Post Likes

Here is one I did last winter

The strap between the R/A drop and A/H was temporary.

If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rich pickering View Post
    Why not?
    because we do quality work!!!

the only time i would run pex tubing would be if i was fishing a wall from a basement to a second story, and i couldnt sweat copper together!!!

its like round pipe and sleeve vs flex!!! anyone can run flex!!! anyone can run pex tubing!!!

Post Likes
    You are f-ckin kidding me. Titnocker or whatever your name is we do top quality work as well and all base board loops are heat pex.Copper out of boiler and full copper headers but adapted to heat pex at ceiling coming from loops.
    1st of all pex actually has better flow and 1/2 will give you the same flow as 3/4 up to 200 ft per loop.2ndly theres no joints in the walls and cielings alot less chance for leaks. Even domestic lines are all home runs from each fixture.No fittings!Also pex is 1/3 price of copper.Dont know where your working but try telling a home owner or builder it'll cost ooo say 40,000 for heat and plumbing rough on a 3,000 sq ft house and they'll find someone who's using pex be leave me. And not for nothing whats radiant tubbing made of??? Sure the hell not copper but ya thats right if you use pex you do poor quality I forgot.

Post Likes
    I may be new an inexperienced but I am going to have to agree temrite here. Personally from experience roughing in houses when you give a huge number for a quote home owners tell ya to get walking. Cut half the price by using PEX and you got yourself a job. I think the issue here is more of the fact that PEX tubing is a fairly new technology compared to copper and some people are just set in the ways I hate to use an analogy here but its kinda like you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Post Likes
    Wow, I'm not seeing the need for the extreme 'tude man....

PEX isn't the greatest thing on earth, but neither is copper. They all have their place, their advantages and disadvantages.

The one big drawback I have about PEX (or similar stuff) is it looks like crap. No one can argue that copper looks better when it's run all nice, straight and purdy!

That being said, PEX does work fine as long as you use it properly.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    I agree pex doesn't look the greatest when done improperly.But after the walls are rocked anything in the basement exposed looks fine.We use manifolds and we clamp it every beam.We prefer wursboro.The tude is because he made it sound like If you use pex then you don't take pride in your work and well as all can tell TempRite takes GREAT pride in our work!!!

Post Likes
    Soooo.......where's the trap in the drain?

Post Likes
    not a horizontal install no trap needed.

Post Likes
    Done right Pex is always our first choice if for nothing else less conections = less problems.

now I have run into a few using the snaplock? pex and this kinda scares me you just push it in and call it good.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by temprite contracting View Post
    Draw through coil, needs to have a trap or it may not drain right.
    Seen them overflow because the air coming up the pipe would not allow the water to run down until the blower shut off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by temprite contracting View Post
    Horizontal/vertical has nothing to do with it...if it's a draw through, it needs to be trapped. But in your case I think a full condensate pump will take care of that. Pretty nice work. Oh yea...it's wirsbo and around here PEX is becoming the norm, though it can look like chit that's for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in