carrier fuses blowing

Hello I have found two year old carrier rooftops that keep blowing the 30 amp fuse, powering the condenser fan motors, control transformer, and power exhaust, no shorts found with any motors, all electrical connections tight and drawing 5 to 7 amps with all fans running, I am thinking it is a compromised wire going out to condenser fans, anyone run into problem, these calls keep becoming a repeat nuisance, thanks to all.

What models do you have? I have a couple 48Hced28 that have had several wire chafes I had to track down. One was on the condenser fans. The cheap wire ties they use fall off and the wire ends up in the blade. The others were low voltage safety wiring that caused all kinds of strange symptoms including frying the IGC boards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Arrived at one of the buildings, found the wires that run from the blower motor side to the back side of the unit run through a trough in the blower compartment, found a male and female spade connection sitting directly below suction line of circuit two sitting in a water stain in trough, male spade comprimised and shorting when water collects, saw brass and shorting marks, One down one to go!
    --------- Carrier pieces of-------! Less than a year old, wheres quality control these days?

In Mexico!

--------- Carrier pieces of-------! Less than a year old, wheres quality control these days?[/QUOTE]

I will definitely agree with you on that. I got 2 new ones in late 2011. I work on those junks more than all the other 87 RTU's we have. All Carrier from 1975 to 1997. And dealing with our local Carrier dealer is an absolute suck fest!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I had a similar problem and I megged the motors, 1 was different than the other 3.Changed that motor and no more trouble. another unit that the wiring was in a trough and condensate was standing in it. I think it is a poor design. There was a short run of suction line that wasn't insulated and that was causing the condensate problem.

Not an easy way to troubleshoot, but you could install fuse blocks on all motors individually. Would narrow down your search as a last resort

You're right but megging them worked out .

Yeah, megging would be one of the first things to do.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass whoopin