Flooded condensing units help

No, seriously. I mean literally flooded.
    Two techs will be peeling off to Alberta's flood disaster to volunteer in the recovery. Will be trying to dry out non-insured homes. Generators, all the old squirrel cages that we can carry etc. Try to get AC's running when adequite power available.
    Try cond motor, swap out if ng.
    Test furnace control board (good luck).
    Any hints from the Mississippi flood experience?
    May be throwing together a 2 ton dehydrator for High River music shop to save those beautiful guitars!

Are they coming from out of province? What company are you with? If you take a packaged A/C unit and bring it indoors and run it in A/C mode, it will become a dehumidifier. Was this trip organized by the company or the employees?

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyStevo View Post
    Are they coming from out of province? What company are you with? If you take a packaged A/C unit and bring it indoors and run it in A/C mode, it will become a dehumidifier. Was this trip organized by the company or the employees?
    This is very true. I've also seen units mounted on trailers and condenser was modified by eliminating the original condenser and mounting another coil in the duct after the evaporator coil. This coil was used as the condenser and reheated the air which was ducted into the building.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    This is very true. I've also seen units mounted on trailers and condenser was modified by eliminating the original condenser and mounting another coil in the duct after the evaporator coil. This coil was used as the condenser and reheated the air which was ducted into the building.
    Exactly my plan.
    Cob together 2 or 3hp condenser units with undersized evap coils to have the condensate pour out!

Have experience with huge lumber drying kilns. Need suggestions re what to watch for in drowned equipment. Zero knowledge there.

To first poster... yes.

Scheme put together by employee and owner (me).
    No billbooks allowed (volunteer work)

any gas control , electrical control or motor that has been under water should be replaced. even if they work they could be unsafe.