Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    I'm gonna go another direction here, but what about states rights? Didn't the PEOPLE of California vote in favor of DOMA? Why is it that a few (The SCOTUS) be able to over ride the wishes of a majority who participated in a legal vote?
    Because the many will not stand up to the few... simple.

Until the public gets involved... nothing will change.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Because the many will not stand up to the few... simple.

Until the public gets involved... nothing will change.
    The vote was legal but the measure was not . Its that simple !

Sorry that was for rob in west va

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    I'm gonna go another direction here, but what about states rights? Didn't the PEOPLE of California vote in favor of DOMA? Why is it that a few (The SCOTUS) be able to over ride the wishes of a majority who participated in a legal vote?
    DOMA was a federal law.

You are referring to Prop. 8.

The constitution empowers SCOTUS to rule on the constitutionality of laws be they federal, state or municipal. SCOTUS refused to hear the Prop. 8 case which effectively killed it. Since SCOTUS is the supreme arbiter of law, this action trumps any state action.

Musta got my legislation mixed up. oops.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    God made homosexuals, too.

Your argument falls apart when you slowly realize that to be true.

If He created them, then they cannot be all that wrong, now can they.

As to my comment about "both ways" you cannot cry about government intervention in your church, then cry FOR government intervention when it suits you.

Marriage, as I said before, predates all religions, least of all the youngster of the group, Christianity. The argument of religion as a "sacrament" is a foolish one at best.
    God did NOT make homosexuals. It is a lifestyle choice, and it is the wrong choice.

I don't want any government intervention in the church. Let the local and state governments enforce the laws that are on the books regarding marriage. Wacky liberal democrats in the U.S. government are trying to usurp them. California said marriage was between one man and one woman. The U.S. government should leave them alone!

If I'm not mistaken my post describing the anal sex act of homosexuals was deleted, wasn't it? Even you guys that are pro-homosexual can't bear reading about what homosexuality really involves? It's too gross for you, or it's too gross for somebody else? Hey, shouldn't that be your first clue that homosexuality is wrong? Can you moderator guys make that connection?

I took a box of 70 of these half-frozen 4-oz cups out to the pool area here where I stay at this apartment hotel. Man these little kids went wild over them--black kids Hispanic kids and white kids. I had arms just reaching into the box from everywhere taking as many as they could carry. They were still half frozen, and the frozen slush was better than the juice. I got them from the food ministry where I work 2 days/week. Life's little moments like this kind of keep me going.

God made homosexuals, too.

Your argument falls apart when you slowly realize that to be true.

As to my comment about "both ways" you cannot cry about government intervention in your church, then cry FOR government intervention when it suits you.

Marriage, as I said before, predates all religions, least of all the youngster of the group, Christianity. The argument of religion as a "sacrament" is a foolish one at best.
    I think your argument falls apart here>

God made homosexuals, too. .

God also made pedophiles, rapists, and murderers.

You are just not making a coherent argument here.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    If I'm not mistaken my post describing the anal sex act of homosexuals was deleted, wasn't it? Even you guys that are pro-homosexual can't bear reading about what homosexuality really involves? It's too gross for you, or it's too gross for somebody else? Hey, shouldn't that be your first clue that homosexuality is wrong? Can you moderator guys make that connection?

I took a box of 70 of these half-frozen 4-oz cups out to the pool area here where I stay at this apartment hotel. Man these little kids went wild over them--black kids Hispanic kids and white kids. I had arms just reaching into the box from everywhere taking as many as they could carry. They were still half frozen, and the frozen slush was better than the juice. I got them from the food ministry where I work 2 days/week. Life's little moments like this kind of keep me going.

Exreo, it's like this,... nobody here wants to read graphic detail of homosexual activity. nobody here wants to read graphic details of heterosexual activity. nobody here wants to read graphic details on sex. Of any type. There is an abundance of other sites on the magnificent world wide web with said content. Elsewhere. As in 'not here' elsewhere.

Congratulations on your charitable contributions.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

Actually you just farther proved his point. If god made all things in heaven and earth and allows pedophiles, rapists, and murderers then why is anyone listening to the laws of said person?

God did NOT make homosexuals. It is a lifestyle choice, and it is the wrong choice.

There is no reasoning with this type of stone-age think.

I don't want any government intervention in the church. Let the local and state governments enforce the laws that are on the books regarding marriage. Wacky liberal democrats in the U.S. government are trying to usurp them. California said marriage was between one man and one woman. The U.S. government should leave them alone!
    Great. Since you don't want any government intervention in your church, your church and all the married folks can give up their tax breaks. That's government intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

Another silly argument.

God made homosexuals and pedophiles, rapists and murderers. Sure.

What is the ONE difference between homosexuality and rape, murder and pedophilia?

Just one little tiny difference?

Can you guess what it is?

I'm sure you can.

Homosexuality doesn't harm another human being. Rape, murder and pedophilia DO.

So, viewed in this light, homosexuality doesn't need to be punished while rape, murder and pedophilia do.

Kind of like what is happening now.

Another silly argument.

God made homosexuals and pedophiles, rapists and murderers. Sure.

What is the ONE difference between homosexuality and rape, murder and pedophilia?

Just one little tiny difference?

Can you guess what it is?

I'm sure you can.

Homosexuality doesn't harm another human being. Rape, murder and pedophilia DO.

So, viewed in this light, homosexuality doesn't need to be punished while rape, murder and pedophilia do.

Kind of like what is happening now.
    Let's look at pedophiles. One out of 6 boys and one out of 4 girls are molested by the age of 16. Now most of all molestation statistically is done by males, adult males on girls and boys.

Well with only 2% of the population of males being gay and they constitute 40% of all male pedophiles verses heterosexual males who make up the remaining 98% of male population are responsible for the 60% of the cases of child molestation.

Don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see that the percent of pedophiles is much higher in the gay population than it is in the heterosexual population. The math comes out to 30 times more gays per capita commit pedophilia than straight men. Check it out. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://ezfame.com/child-molestation-statistics/
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast