Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748
    Ya know JP...

I have probably talked to hundreds of folks who hated my God... they all respond the same way you have... it is predictable. Then when proven wrong... they attack me.

All I do is repeat the truth I believe... peacefully... and I get attacked more. It seems the person is not attacking me... rather my beliefs. Hmmm I wonder what makes folks SOOO angry with my God?

The funny thing is: The folks who seem to literally hate my God with a passion... also do not seem to have the peace in their lives I do. I feel for them.

I remember a safety campaign back in, I think, the early 1970's: The goal was lowering auto deaths. The tag line went something like this 'Your right, dead right' The jist of the tag line was: It does not matter in a traffic accident if one is in the right or not... it is more important to drive defensively.

Now the goal of this story is not to sell the idea of debating defensively... rather to make note of how being right is really childish and silly.

Seems to me if someone has the ability to step back and look at their own thinking process honestly... they would realize things. When a person will not... well... there are limits to how far their mind will allow them to learn... and as a result how far a debate can go.

When I have time, I will go back and answer your posts individually... for now here is a blanket answer:

When folks diss my God... they always seem to be full of anger. When a true Christian responds... it is usually in a kind and patient way.

Seems to me when choosing between a person full of anger and a person full of kindness and patience... there is a source of those attitudes.

One is from belief in themselves (and when that 'god' is challenged the true person comes out... angry)... the other is a belief in a God bigger than oneself... and peace/kindness comes out. I know the one of those two I would rather be around. Who cares if what they believe lines up with macho Poo...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know JP...

I have probably talked to hundreds of folks who hated my God... they all respond the same way you have... it is predictable. Then when proven wrong... they attack me.

All I do is repeat the truth I believe... peacefully... and I get attacked more. It seems the person is not attacking me... rather my beliefs. Hmmm I wonder what makes folks SOOO angry with my God?

The funny thing is: The folks who seem to literally hate my God with a passion... also do not seem to have the peace in their lives I do. I feel for them.

I remember a safety campaign back in, I think, the early 1970's: The goal was lowering auto deaths. The tag line went something like this 'Your right, dead right' The jist of the tag line was: It does not matter in a traffic accident if one is in the right or not... it is more important to drive defensively.

Now the goal of this story is not to sell the idea of debating defensively... rather to make note of how being right is really childish and silly.

Seems to me if someone has the ability to step back and look at their own thinking process honestly... they would realize things. When a person will not... well... there are limits to how far their mind will allow them to learn... and as a result how far a debate can go.

When I have time, I will go back and answer your posts individually... for now here is a blanket answer:

When folks diss my God... they always seem to be full of anger. When a true Christian responds... it is usually in a kind and patient way.

Seems to me when choosing between a person full of anger and a person full of kindness and patience... there is a source of those attitudes.

One is from belief in themselves (and when that 'god' is challenged the true person comes out... angry)... the other is a belief in a God bigger than oneself... and peace/kindness comes out. I know the one of those two I would rather be around. Who cares if what they believe lines up with macho Poo...
    I don't hate. I don't have the time nor the energy for hate. It's wasteful.

I've been there and done that.

You are trying to put thoughts into my mind that aren't there.

I'm not a Christian, but I'm not anti-christian.

I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that is clear to me but that folks like yourself refuse to admit to.

You want to be able to judge me and you DO judge me and others yet, when the tables are turned, you cry foul and hide behind your Bible.

You're finding something that isn't there, GA.

I have no anger towards you.

You're arguing in circles, trying to defend against argument that haven't been made and are now accusing me of hating God.

Oh, yeah, and you're AGAIN trying to make assumptions about me and my life that you specifically warned me and others against some time ago.

rest, on the Table-Talk another day...

that is the time to rest now and wipe our feet and see if a path or two crosses before leaving the planet as the eternal souls we have as 'pneuma' beings we are, just to move on now and share where closure to communication is respected, respectfully. I do this here now because I hate evil but not the mankind ... as instructed. That is not the person but the thing of evil disrespect that can creep in to my weak times, not having the living word to share and share better in a conversation.
    another day- to play fair and get ALL tolerance on the table-- better somehow.
    Last edited by GT1980; 07-15-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: sp chk
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I don't hate. I don't have the time nor the energy for hate. It's wasteful.

I've been there and done that.

You are trying to put thoughts into my mind that aren't there.

I'm not a Christian, but I'm not anti-christian.

I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that is clear to me but that folks like yourself refuse to admit to.

You want to be able to judge me and you DO judge me and others yet, when the tables are turned, you cry foul and hide behind your Bible.
    Repeatedly JP, (BTW, my initials are JP also... ),

I have tried to point out to you and others the question of 'whos beliefs' and 'whos opinion' and whos ideals of right/wrong'... this goes un-answered.

This is where believing in a higher power comes in... when one is willing to be honest (maybe even intellectually honest) with themselves (it requires brutal honesty that hurts at a gut level) and realize what they think is nothing more than that... what they think.

ONLY when one acknowledges a higher power and seeks/studies that higher power's views, does one get free from the trap of thinking 'my mind is the final authority of all understanding'.

To think just because I (anyone) think this or that makes it so... is really silly and dumb to folks who have learned to think beyond themselves.

What I was referring to was folks who get irritated (angry, hateful, etc) when their pedestal is challenged.... which, BTW, is human nature to do.
    So, unless someone very unusual, they operate out of human nature (we do not like to admit this-either publicly or privately).
    IMO the really smart (read that wisdom smarts, not intellectual smarts) person is the one that is willing to honestly and brutally examine their own beliefs.

IMO less is intellectual dis-honesty.
    Note GA has not accused anyone of anything; only noted traits of thinking and behavior that are common to the human race. Rather GA has pointed out what usually ends the God or self discussions... the lack of ability to look beyond one-self.

In my area, the weather has FINALLY gotten hot. Our design temp for the summer is 92, so far one can count on one hand the times we reached 90, we have yet to reach design just one day. Many an entire week has not gone above 80... seriously. And by the end of June, we had exceeded the rainfall for the entire year of 2012.
    Weatherman says we will finally get back to more seasonal weather... so it is time for GA to get to work.

You guys can debate all you want to... GA will step in now and then when time allows.

I will leave you all with one thought: When the earthsuit stops ticking and you stand before the God that created the universe; I hope you have your fire insurance... Otherwise... well that is in a previous post. Anyone interested in this kind of fire insurance... send me a PM.

Have a GREAT one!

John/GA
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748