Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Let me make sure I get this right. If a couple want to do something other than missionary work in bed the NC bedroom police will haul you off to jail where the punishment is living in a building where the only people to have sex with is your own gender?

Makes perfect sense.
    Crap, now I'm agreeing with Net!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

It was that way in Missouri years back. And yes you could be arrested and charged.

Is masterbation an unnatural act? If so then were all in trouble.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

When was the last time you heard of a male regardless of age, being charged with statutory rape? What about "Romeo and Juliette Laws" that are designed to minimize the offense under certain conditions? The cases I can recollect recently were those where an adult female in a position of authority (teacher) engaged in sex with a minor male and did time. Are those laws now going to be scrapped with this new sexuality? What about the concept of "age of consent", which varies widely from State to State?

There are still a lot of acts considered of a sexual nature that are regulated by law but are being enforced very inconsistently across the country. We'll see if Britney Spears' brother in law does time for knocking up her 16y/o sister.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    When was the last time you heard of a male regardless of age, being charged with statutory rape? What about "Romeo and Juliette Laws" that are designed to minimize the offense under certain conditions? The cases I can recollect recently were those where an adult female in a position of authority (teacher) engaged in sex with a minor male and did time. Are those laws now going to be scrapped with this new sexuality? What about the concept of "age of consent", which varies widely from State to State?

There are still a lot of acts considered of a sexual nature that are regulated by law but are being enforced very inconsistently across the country. We'll see if Britney Spears' brother in law does time for knocking up her 16y/o sister.
    Well in GA a conservative Southern State they send them to prison everyday for that. Not saying other states are still doing it. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Glen, do they bust teen on teen? This threat used to represent a deterrent to some of us growing up. It was a combination of religious views, family teaching, fear of STDs, fear of getting a girl pregnant and having to marry her (abortion was not even on the table for 99% of the girls back then) or getting locked up. A friend of mine got a girl pregnant in high school. She moved out of town to have the baby at a half-way house then gave it up to adoption. This is one option you never hear being discussed.

The decision did not surprise me however, the goal was not nor has ever been "Equality in Marriage". Neither is it the ability to get married at the pulpit of the "New Covenant Church of the Sacred Squishy Bumper Fish" crowd. The goal is to marry at the pulpit of the "First Fundimentalist Church of the Inerrant Word of God". The battle plans are already drawn up, the lawyers have been hired and the first test cases should go to court within the next month or two. The weapon of choice will be the IRS and the road will be the 501c/3 code.

As for the Romans 1 crowd, it is never mentioned that the sin is something that God has given those folks (and nations) up to, a penalty for worsipping the creature over the Creator. I can think of few things more horrific than to step into eternity turned over to your own appetite long before you got there.

I have several of them in my circle of associates to whom I bear no animosity or hatred. I look on them with the same tired pity I look at anyone else who has chosen a statistically dangerous road to live on, a road they travel with open eyes and closed minds, a road that every great nation in history has come to and been undone by. The even sadder part is that most of them know the truth of that road and yet, still travel it, thinking that somehow they will change the ending.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well elf you are right in the sense that everyone is a little different and by the way I never bullied anyone who was a little different than the norm in high school.
    Even argued against labeling one kid in HS as gay simply because he talked and acted kinda of funny. Found out later after HS he indeed was gay. My gaydar was not to sharp. So you see I cut him some slack.

However being gay is IMHO an extreme deviation from normalcy to warrant attention so to speak. Not that I would personally abuse such a person but I sure wouldn’t defend his life style or “right” to publically display deviant behavior in public.

You know homosexual sodomy would get you 10 to 20 years in prison not too long ago. And up until Clinton got Congress to pass “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” you would get a standard sentence of 5 yrs. hard labor at Ft. Leavenworth and a DD in the military. Saw many such CM orders tacked on the bulletin board while I was in the service. So much for “acceptable” behavior. Thank you, thank you very much

I defend their right to live as they chose the same as I defend your right to carry concealed. To do otherwise would be hypocritical. You can't have freedom otherwise.

I don't see much difference in putting putting people in price for their lifestyle and muslims stoning people for theirs.

Some of us are set in our ways, and will never listen to anyone else, so why should we try? Not going to mention any names but surely you know who I am talking about .

Let me preface this by saying "I don't really give a SH$T". I got better things to waste my energy on. Like envisioning two women going at it .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I'd say that in order for them to be legitimate questions there first should be a desire in society to do them. Otherwise they are hypotheticals, except for #7.
    There is, those folks are 'in the closet' right now. They are there, not very vocal. Yet.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    I defend their right to live as they chose the same as I defend your right to carry concealed. To do otherwise would be hypocritical. You can't have freedom otherwise.

I don't see much difference in putting putting people in price for their lifestyle and muslims stoning people for theirs.
    Well what if I was a middle school teacher and I wanted to poke 14-year-olds girls? I just want to be free to live as I choose. Where do you libertarians draw the line? Or do you?

Let get something clear, homosexuality, is NOT unnatural, it occurs in many species and both the male and female. (even to the point the dairy farmers use this female on female action to judge when a cow is in season) So what make you think that it is any different for us humans.
    Even in our history and in religion, was frowned upon not because of the act but because of the waste of the seed. The disgust of the act was secondary. (to enforce the first waste)
    Marriage is a contract and should be between two consenting adults (as legally defined). (I do not care which way they swing) this contract in the eyes of the law should be equal to all in the eyes of the law. with the same benefits and restriction under law. It nothing to do with thinking it is right or wrong. So the gay marriage thing just brings contractual law to all parties.
    As to Tool options, it is known about interbreeding, for the female side (and the problem that causes), as for male option family options, history and influence may limit the consenting nature of the male family members.
    2 wives or 2 husbands, why not? (stereo nagging)

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast