Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    You left out animals or inanimate objects. There are people who have tried both of these.
    You're a fairly intelligent guy.

You certainly know that animals and inanimate objects have no legal ability to enter into the legal contract that is marriage.

While I can't say that I'm surprised that this red herring came up, I am a bit surprised that you brought up an argument that is so easily dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    My view on normal is that it does not exist. Everyone is different. They have different views, ideas, personalities. Trying to be normal is an impossible act. Growing up, I knew I was not normal. I was the overweight bookworm/computer nerd that everyone loved to try to push around, till I started getting violent with them. Let me tell you this glen. It sucks being excluded/the heel of all the jokes, simply because your not "normal". Why would I treat others that way?

I'll let you in on a secret. You're not normal either. It does not exist.
    Well elf you are right in the sense that everyone is a little different and by the way I never bullied anyone who was a little different than the norm in high school.
    Even argued against labeling one kid in HS as gay simply because he talked and acted kinda of funny. Found out later after HS he indeed was gay. My gaydar was not to sharp. So you see I cut him some slack.

However being gay is IMHO an extreme deviation from normalcy to warrant attention so to speak. Not that I would personally abuse such a person but I sure wouldn’t defend his life style or “right” to publically display deviant behavior in public.

You know homosexual sodomy would get you 10 to 20 years in prison not too long ago. And up until Clinton got Congress to pass “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” you would get a standard sentence of 5 yrs. hard labor at Ft. Leavenworth and a DD in the military. Saw many such CM orders tacked on the bulletin board while I was in the service. So much for “acceptable” behavior. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    If you think homosexual marriage is okay... you are saying it is okay that I can marry another man, understood.

Suppose that is cool, but maybe I am thinking outside the box, I want you homosexual support people to tell me why I cannot do the following, and why it is any different or less acceptable....

1-I want to marry my brother.
    2-I want to marry my sister.
    3-I want to marry my mother.
    4-I want to marry my father.
    5-I want to marry my son.
    6-I want to marry my daughter.
    7-I want to marry two women.
    8-I want to marry two men.

8 examples. Any problems with these examples? I say it is the same type of perversion, generally based on my cultural and religion beliefs.

Show me any differences.
    OK, here is a choice we all would have to make:

Do you want someone practicing one of these lifestyles (or as Hearth suggested an animal or an inanimate object) living next door influencing your kids?
    Answer honestly... this is where PC behavior rubber hits the road...

And for the folks who are interested: Read Romans Ch 1 in the New Testament... pretty clear there IMO. The God who created us (kinda think maybe He is smarter than we are... if He could create mankind from less than thin air... )... says it is not a good idea. IMO a wise person would listen... probably a rebellious person would scoff.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    You're a fairly intelligent guy.

You certainly know that animals and inanimate objects have no legal ability to enter into the legal contract that is marriage.

While I can't say that I'm surprised that this red herring came up, I am a bit surprised that you brought up an argument that is so easily dismissed.
    You're usually pretty bright, too JP but I'm actually basing this off of actual cases where nutty people have tried to obtain a legal marriage to a car and to a pet. These cases were in the news. Now, even most liberals would agree these are pretty absurd but not all. This is my point: the lines of sanity have been crossed a while back. There is no sanctity of marriage anymore. Rather, morality, virtue and values have been thrown out the window. Nobody seems to notice that as fast as the Left is fighting to destroy the values that built our society, it is crumbling without them .

That concludes today's lesson.

So is it possible to neither support or oppose the other 8 listed abominations?
    I'd say that in order for them to be legitimate questions there first should be a desire in society to do them. Otherwise they are hypotheticals, except for #7.

If you think homosexual marriage is okay... you are saying it is okay that I can marry another man, understood.

Suppose that is cool, but maybe I am thinking outside the box, I want you homosexual support people to tell me why I cannot do the following, and why it is any different or less acceptable....

1-I want to marry my brother.
    2-I want to marry my sister.
    3-I want to marry my mother.
    4-I want to marry my father.
    5-I want to marry my son.
    6-I want to marry my daughter.
    7-I want to marry two women.
    8-I want to marry two men.

8 examples. Any problems with these examples? I say it is the same type of perversion, generally based on my cultural and religion beliefs.

Show me any differences.
    In the old testament they did some of the things you listed.

What business does the State have getting involved in marriages ? It's basically a legal contract. The moral issue is a personal one and the State has no business getting involved in personal moral issues as long as it does not harm anyone else.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    You're usually pretty bright, too JP but I'm actually basing this off of actual cases where nutty people have tried to obtain a legal marriage to a car and to a pet. These cases were in the news. Now, even most liberals would agree these are pretty absurd but not all. This is my point: the lines of sanity have been crossed a while back. There is no sanctity of marriage anymore. Rather, morality, virtue and values have been thrown out the window. Nobody seems to notice that as fast as the Left is fighting to destroy the values that built our society, it is crumbling without them .

That concludes today's lesson.
    Bravo!

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I hate political discussions but here is my take.

In NC it is illegal to have Anal sex, and any type of oral sex...It's crimes against nature

So gay guy's what are they doing for sex? anal?
    Lesbians...what are they doing? oral?
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    I hate political discussions but here is my take.

In NC it is illegal to have Anal sex, and any type of oral sex...It's crimes against nature

So gay guy's what are they doing for sex? anal?
    Lesbians...what are they doing? oral?
    So are you justifying two men having anal or oral sex or what? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So are you justifying two men having anal or oral sex or what? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you, thank you very much

I am pointing out that Gay sex is illegal, but they are allowed to be married.

A crime against nature or unnatural act is a form of sexual behavior that is not considered natural and is seen as a punishable offense by law. Sexual practices that have historically been considered by some to be "crimes" against nature include anal sex, bestiality, incest, miscegenation and necrophilia. Other examples include heterosexual and homosexual fellatio and cunnilingus, other non-procreative sexual practices, or procreative sexual acts in the wrong position or without procreative intent, even between married couples.[1]
    "Crime against nature" is a legal term used in published cases in the United States since 1814.[2] The term is also used in dozens of countries and several U.S. states. It is sometimes also used as a synonym for sodomy or buggery.[3]
    The usage of the word "unnatural" in the context of "unnatural acts" does not carry the same meaning as "the opposite of natural", and says nothing about whether an act actually is or is not a product of nature (though that may be what is implied in a pejorative sense).[clarification needed]
    Current use
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Wrong position???
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

so, now...how do Gay's in NC intend on having sex without the intent of ''Procreating''? or else they are just breaking the law

Let me make sure I get this right. If a couple want to do something other than missionary work in bed the NC bedroom police will haul you off to jail where the punishment is living in a building where the only people to have sex with is your own gender?

Makes perfect sense.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast