Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748
Results 612 to 621 of 621
  1. #612
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    30,819
    Post Likes
    Ya know JP...

    I have probably talked to hundreds of folks who hated my God... they all respond the same way you have... it is predictable. Then when proven wrong... they attack me.

    All I do is repeat the truth I believe... peacefully... and I get attacked more. It seems the person is not attacking me... rather my beliefs. Hmmm I wonder what makes folks SOOO angry with my God?

    The funny thing is: The folks who seem to literally hate my God with a passion... also do not seem to have the peace in their lives I do. I feel for them.

    I remember a safety campaign back in, I think, the early 1970's: The goal was lowering auto deaths. The tag line went something like this 'Your right, dead right' The jist of the tag line was: It does not matter in a traffic accident if one is in the right or not... it is more important to drive defensively.

    Now the goal of this story is not to sell the idea of debating defensively... rather to make note of how being right is really childish and silly.

    Seems to me if someone has the ability to step back and look at their own thinking process honestly... they would realize things. When a person will not... well... there are limits to how far their mind will allow them to learn... and as a result how far a debate can go.

    When I have time, I will go back and answer your posts individually... for now here is a blanket answer:

    When folks diss my God... they always seem to be full of anger. When a true Christian responds... it is usually in a kind and patient way.

    Seems to me when choosing between a person full of anger and a person full of kindness and patience... there is a source of those attitudes.

    One is from belief in themselves (and when that 'god' is challenged the true person comes out... angry)... the other is a belief in a God bigger than oneself... and peace/kindness comes out. I know the one of those two I would rather be around. Who cares if what they believe lines up with macho Poo...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #613
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,675
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know JP...

    I have probably talked to hundreds of folks who hated my God... they all respond the same way you have... it is predictable. Then when proven wrong... they attack me.

    All I do is repeat the truth I believe... peacefully... and I get attacked more. It seems the person is not attacking me... rather my beliefs. Hmmm I wonder what makes folks SOOO angry with my God?

    The funny thing is: The folks who seem to literally hate my God with a passion... also do not seem to have the peace in their lives I do. I feel for them.

    I remember a safety campaign back in, I think, the early 1970's: The goal was lowering auto deaths. The tag line went something like this 'Your right, dead right' The jist of the tag line was: It does not matter in a traffic accident if one is in the right or not... it is more important to drive defensively.

    Now the goal of this story is not to sell the idea of debating defensively... rather to make note of how being right is really childish and silly.

    Seems to me if someone has the ability to step back and look at their own thinking process honestly... they would realize things. When a person will not... well... there are limits to how far their mind will allow them to learn... and as a result how far a debate can go.

    When I have time, I will go back and answer your posts individually... for now here is a blanket answer:

    When folks diss my God... they always seem to be full of anger. When a true Christian responds... it is usually in a kind and patient way.

    Seems to me when choosing between a person full of anger and a person full of kindness and patience... there is a source of those attitudes.

    One is from belief in themselves (and when that 'god' is challenged the true person comes out... angry)... the other is a belief in a God bigger than oneself... and peace/kindness comes out. I know the one of those two I would rather be around. Who cares if what they believe lines up with macho Poo...
    I don't hate. I don't have the time nor the energy for hate. It's wasteful.

    I've been there and done that.

    You are trying to put thoughts into my mind that aren't there.

    I'm not a Christian, but I'm not anti-christian.

    I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that is clear to me but that folks like yourself refuse to admit to.

    You want to be able to judge me and you DO judge me and others yet, when the tables are turned, you cry foul and hide behind your Bible.

  3. Likes ksefan, siriuse liked this post
  4. #614
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,675
    Post Likes
    You're finding something that isn't there, GA.

    I have no anger towards you.

    You're arguing in circles, trying to defend against argument that haven't been made and are now accusing me of hating God.

    Oh, yeah, and you're AGAIN trying to make assumptions about me and my life that you specifically warned me and others against some time ago.

  5. Likes siriuse liked this post
  6. #615
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    1,112
    Post Likes

    rest, on the Table-Talk another day...

    that is the time to rest now and wipe our feet and see if a path or two crosses before leaving the planet as the eternal souls we have as 'pneuma' beings we are, just to move on now and share where closure to communication is respected, respectfully. I do this here now because I hate evil but not the mankind ... as instructed. That is not the person but the thing of evil disrespect that can creep in to my weak times, not having the living word to share and share better in a conversation.
    another day- to play fair and get ALL tolerance on the table-- better somehow.
    Last edited by GT1980; 07-15-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: sp chk
    Process cooling: NO COMPRESSORS Earth-Coupled since 1996
    ... however, much still needs to be hybridized energy transfer.

    CLOSED LOOP 2015 listed EER's
    even 49+ now; and "blended from low to high variable speeds" for 32deg.F ~ E-Star

    Perhaps you need a 32F Chiller/HW-Heat: buy a GEO-T Heat Pump (GHP with Heat-Recovery)
    http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...mal_heat_pumps

    http://www.hydro-temp.com/products.html and Bosch/Carrier and AquasystemsInc.com

  7. #616
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    30,819
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I don't hate. I don't have the time nor the energy for hate. It's wasteful.

    I've been there and done that.

    You are trying to put thoughts into my mind that aren't there.

    I'm not a Christian, but I'm not anti-christian.

    I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that is clear to me but that folks like yourself refuse to admit to.

    You want to be able to judge me and you DO judge me and others yet, when the tables are turned, you cry foul and hide behind your Bible.
    Repeatedly JP, (BTW, my initials are JP also... ),

    I have tried to point out to you and others the question of 'whos beliefs' and 'whos opinion' and whos ideals of right/wrong'... this goes un-answered.

    This is where believing in a higher power comes in... when one is willing to be honest (maybe even intellectually honest) with themselves (it requires brutal honesty that hurts at a gut level) and realize what they think is nothing more than that... what they think.

    ONLY when one acknowledges a higher power and seeks/studies that higher power's views, does one get free from the trap of thinking 'my mind is the final authority of all understanding'.

    To think just because I (anyone) think this or that makes it so... is really silly and dumb to folks who have learned to think beyond themselves.

    What I was referring to was folks who get irritated (angry, hateful, etc) when their pedestal is challenged.... which, BTW, is human nature to do.
    So, unless someone very unusual, they operate out of human nature (we do not like to admit this-either publicly or privately).
    IMO the really smart (read that wisdom smarts, not intellectual smarts) person is the one that is willing to honestly and brutally examine their own beliefs.

    IMO less is intellectual dis-honesty.
    Note GA has not accused anyone of anything; only noted traits of thinking and behavior that are common to the human race. Rather GA has pointed out what usually ends the God or self discussions... the lack of ability to look beyond one-self.

    In my area, the weather has FINALLY gotten hot. Our design temp for the summer is 92, so far one can count on one hand the times we reached 90, we have yet to reach design just one day. Many an entire week has not gone above 80... seriously. And by the end of June, we had exceeded the rainfall for the entire year of 2012.
    Weatherman says we will finally get back to more seasonal weather... so it is time for GA to get to work.

    You guys can debate all you want to... GA will step in now and then when time allows.

    I will leave you all with one thought: When the earthsuit stops ticking and you stand before the God that created the universe; I hope you have your fire insurance... Otherwise... well that is in a previous post. Anyone interested in this kind of fire insurance... send me a PM.

    Have a GREAT one!

    John/GA
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  8. Dislikes siriuse disliked this post
  9. #617
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    40
    Post Likes
    What a wierd forum this is. icame here looking for info re furnaces but wandered into the Duck Dynasty.

    BTW im straight support samesex mariage (legal here) but have a thing for female alicorns as you can guess from my handle! That or female pop singers dressed as alicorns!

  10. #618
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    12,795
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Sentry View Post
    What a wierd forum this is. icame here looking for info re furnaces but wandered into the Duck Dynasty.

    BTW im straight support samesex mariage (legal here) but have a thing for female alicorns as you can guess from my handle! That or female pop singers dressed as alicorns!
    Thank you for the reply. Your intellectual input is mind-numbing.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me


    I like having infraction points, it makes me feel like 'one of the guys'.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  11. #619
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,491
    Post Likes
    She has look on her face that says someone is making her wear that outfit....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  12. #620
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,113
    Post Likes
    Interesting that he came here looking for info on a furnace, but just happened to wander into a gay thread that's been dead for over two years.

  13. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
  14. #621
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    12,795
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Interesting that he came here looking for info on a furnace, but just happened to wander into a gay thread that's been dead for over two years.
    And posted half naked photos of some chick.

    I only wish my furnace issues were so interesting.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me


    I like having infraction points, it makes me feel like 'one of the guys'.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  15. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365