Page 1 of 48 1234567811 ... LastLast

Confused Honest homosexual marriage discussion:

If you think homosexual marriage is okay... you are saying it is okay that I can marry another man, understood.

Suppose that is cool, but maybe I am thinking outside the box, I want you homosexual support people to tell me why I cannot do the following, and why it is any different or less acceptable....

1-I want to marry my brother.
    2-I want to marry my sister.
    3-I want to marry my mother.
    4-I want to marry my father.
    5-I want to marry my son.
    6-I want to marry my daughter.
    7-I want to marry two women.
    8-I want to marry two men.

8 examples. Any problems with these examples? I say it is the same type of perversion, generally based on my cultural and religion beliefs.

Show me any differences.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Gibby wants to marry himself.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    If you think homosexual marriage is okay... you are saying it is okay that I can marry another man, understood.

Suppose that is cool, but maybe I am thinking outside the box, I want you homosexual support people to tell me why I cannot do the following, and why it is any different or less acceptable....

I want to marry my brother.
    I want to marry my sister.
    I want to marry my mother.
    I want to marry my father.
    I want to marry my son.
    I want to marry my daughter.
    I want to marry two women.
    I want to marry two men.

8 examples. Any problems with these examples? I say it is the same type of perversion, generally based on my cultural and religion beliefs.

Show me any differences.
    You left out animals or inanimate objects. There are people who have tried both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    You left out animals or inanimate objects. There are people who have tried both of these.
    Animals and inanimate objects cannot be counted as willing participants.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Tool has never actually desired to actually marry himself, but he has experimented with a little romantic foreplay.

If I was gay I'd want myself. I'm just that hot.

LOL

You know if you divorce yourself, only the lawyers will get all of your money.

I would never marry myself. Why buy the cow when you can milk it for free.

Show me any differences.
    It is possible to neither support or oppose gay marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It is possible to neither support or oppose gay marriage.

That is actually quite true, say in a church way. I meant in a 'legal recognition' way. So is it possible to neither support or oppose the other 8 listed abominations?

Show me any differences.
    My point of view is if all participants are willing and all the implications are understood I have no business being involved to start will.

You might be able to make a case against an incestious relationship because it could result in a child with birth defects and thus impact others but outside of that I don't really care.

Then again one of my favorite books growing up was Robert Heinlein's "The moon is a harsh mistress" so I was exposed to the idea of clan marriages.

No, I can't say as I have a problem with what willing adults want to do, as long as the tax breaks are removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    My point of view is if all participants are willing and all the implications are understood I have no business being involved to start will.

You might be able to make a case against an incestious relationship because it could result in a child with birth defects and thus impact others but outside of that I don't really care.

Then again one of my favorite books growing up was Robert Heinlein's "The moon is a harsh mistress" so I was exposed to the idea of clan marriages.

No, I can't say as I have a problem with what willing adults want to do, as long as the tax breaks are removed.
    I find it amazing that you, roy and others here are not disgusted by homosexual sex. I would say you all aren't normal. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I find it amazing that you, roy and others here are not disgusted by homosexual sex. I would say you all aren't normal. Thank you, thank you very much
    My view on normal is that it does not exist. Everyone is different. They have different views, ideas, personalities. Trying to be normal is an impossible act. Growing up, I knew I was not normal. I was the overweight bookworm/computer nerd that everyone loved to try to push around, till I started getting violent with them. Let me tell you this glen. It sucks being excluded/the heel of all the jokes, simply because your not "normal". Why would I treat others that way?

I'll let you in on a secret. You're not normal either. It does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    There is a HUGE difference in my personal and private opinion of what a person does and my opinion on whether or not that person should be discriminated against by the federal government because of that.

I can't say that I find homosexual behavior to be exactly "normal" however, I know several folks that ARE gay and I have no problem with them being married.

Page 1 of 48 1234567811 ... LastLast