Thread: Bard unit

Hybrid View

Bard unit

I have a need to know, In the next few days I am going to replace an Evaporator Coil in a Bard unit Model#WL423A05XWXXXJ Serlal#253K041945367-02 My question before I attempt doing this job, Do you have too remove the unit off of the wall and replace the coil? I have been told you have to do this to replace the coil, looking at this unit it looks to me you can replace the Evaorator coil in place? I hope this is the answer, and I don't have to take this unit off of the building!!!!!!

I work on a lot of Bard units. I would think it could be done without removing it from the building.
    Local 449?

I cover the Verizon cell sites in So. TX and pretty new to them but have only done cond coil replacements and evap should be basically the same way with unit in place. I have to lock myself inside the site enclosure while near checkpoints because the illegals just wander inside to ask for rides or water, almost got car/truck jacked a month ago by two Salvadorians at a site. Now carry sm piece and 11 in Gil Hibben bowie knife, almost like in Croc Dundee, "that's not a knife! This is a knife!"

No you do not take the unit off the wall, lol. You take the top panel off and of course the evap access panel. Unscrew a few screws, un sweat the connections and lift the coil straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    No you do not take the unit off the wall, lol. You take the top panel off and of course the evap access panel. Unscrew a few screws, un sweat the connections and lift the coil straight up.
    Yep! It becomes obvious when you take the panels off.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    Ya what this guy said.