Semi Hermetic Screw up

I was wiring up a rebuilt Trane semi hermetic today and forgot to install the strips that tie lugs 4.5.6 together, (240V). The old ones were to be used on this one but got taken away with the old compressor. They were out of sight and out of mind I guess. Anyway I threw the disconnect on and knew something was wrong so shut it right back off. I now have to wait til tomorrow to find out if compressors going to be ok. Nothing shorted to ground but my ohms reading were way off. Do you think I killed it?

Relax, its not your fault, those _______(fill the blank) compressors are nothing but a big pile of Chinese junk , weird cause new compressors typically comes a little bag with the "strips".
    seriously, chances are its all good.

I doubt you hurt it. They are tougher than you think. I once hooked a 50 ton 208 volt compressor to 460 v. (In my defense, the motor shop wound it wrong). That compressor grunted and moaned while pulling 600 + amps. Did not damage windings somehow!? You'll be fine.

There goes my Emerson Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    I doubt you hurt it. They are tougher than you think. I once hooked a 50 ton 208 volt compressor to 460 v. (In my defense, the motor shop wound it wrong). That compressor grunted and moaned while pulling 600 + amps. Did not damage windings somehow!? You'll be fine.
    I hope I'm as lucky

That's why I always keep all the parts from the faulty compressor on a change out.. I got some spares if you need em... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmonkey74 View Post
    That's why I always keep all the parts from the faulty compressor on a change out.. I got some spares if you need em... Lol
    Yea it was under warranty and they were in a big hurry to return it. Crane set it in the back of the truck and off it went. I pulled the lugs off but forgot the rest. I just hope I didn't damage the windings.

Only time will tell in that one.. Recheck you ohm readings of your windings before you fire it back up. I suspect it will be different after they've cooled off.
    It might be a good idea to check the windings with a good megger record the readings and follow up in a month or so, to check if it changes..

if it was part winding start, chances would be greater of hurting it. standard three phase should hopefully be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    if it was part winding start, chances would be greater of hurting it. standard three phase should hopefully be ok.
    All is well thanks for the encouraging responses