Thread: Purge Unit

Purge Unit

I just found out that my customers original vented purge pump locked-up today and Trane says a new refrigerated purge will take 6 to 8 weeks because of the high vacuum capacity needed. It is an R-113 model CVHA-018 Sidewinder. Any suggestions for aftermarket?

You have a few options

You can always go to Grainger & get any oiless pump with same or similar specs.

OR

You can install & modern condensing purge such as the Trane's model or Reddi Purge or Sonic.

As far as I know it doesn't matter that its 113, if it does then I'm in big trouble as I have fitted modern condensing purges (with whimpy little pumps) on several machines that operate on 113.
    All my leon freaked out!

The R-113 Trane Purifier purges have a larger pump on them for pumpout to over come the negative pressure in the condenser.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    The R-113 Trane Purifier purges have a larger pump on them for pumpout to over come the negative pressure in the condenser.
    Its been a while since I've put a purge on a 113 machine. (since there aren't many left)

I'm sure I always told the company I was getting the purge from what I was doing with it or atleast I hope I did.

I just didn't recall that there was a difference.
    All my leon freaked out!

I installed some new Reftec purges on 2 old benchgrinders a while back that were 113. The "purge pump" was about twice the size as for a r-11 unit

I Installed A Redi-purge Unit On R-113 And They Use To Pumps In Series On There Units

Quote Originally Posted by e714753 View Post
    I just found out that my customers original vented purge pump locked-up today and Trane says a new refrigerated purge will take 6 to 8 weeks because of the high vacuum capacity needed. It is an R-113 model CVHA-018 Sidewinder. Any suggestions for aftermarket?
    Redi Purge!!! series pump.

locked up purge unit

What does that mean? Can you fix it? Does the customer plan to do with the chiller? keep it? scrap it? The new Earthwise purge puts recovered refrigerant back into the chiller, pretty cool.