Light commercial vs Residential Equipment

I have been asked to quote replacing a couple units at a small business.

A 4 ton unit and a 5 ton unit each on a 120k btu furnace.

In this size of equipment, is there a major difference in quality of commercial vs. residential?

I'd probably be looking at Tempstar for commercial or Frigidaire for residential equipment.

Trane perhaps?

It's the same stuff unless you're getting into specialty equipment (reheat, 100% outside air, etc. ).
    The only real difference that I'm aware of is that to sell some residential equipment you need to be set up with a marketing plan. To sell the same exact equipment as a commercial unit you don't need to be on a marketing plan. For example, I can buy and install Carrier commercial equipment all day long. If I try to purchase Carrier residential equipment of the same specification, they tell me no because I'm not a dealer. It's the same with all but the bottom and Trane units. ICP doesn't protect their other brands, though. Same equipment, different badge.

Looking at the Tempstar Commercial catalog, it appears that 13 SEER is the best they offer. I thought maybe they made they made the coils heavier which sacrificed efficiency.

It was always my understanding that it is a difference in quality of the various components. Everything in a commercial unit is designed to last longer. I've never verified this, it's just what I get told by sales guys.

When you mean commercial over residential what exactly do you mean?
    Going from a basic residential split system to a light-commercial rooftop package unit?
    -or-
    Or combining the 4 and 5 ton split systems into a single light commercial 7 ton split system, for example.

I prefer packaged units due to cost of equipment and installation when compared to a split systems.
    I prefer packaged units due to cost and ease of maintenance.
    I prefer packaged units for the additional IAQ accessories like economization, dehumidification, etc.

The term commercial vs residential has nothing to do with quality or engineering of equipment, or one will last longer than the other. Same contactors, capacitors, gas valves, etc. It is a vague term used to express a packaged unit, or a split system over 5 tons. There is no cut and dry line what determines one from the other. What is the difference between builders grade and residential, light commercial and commercial, and commercial from industrial? Where it is made: Lennox in USA, it subsidiaries using same parts, in Mexico? Controls maybe? Jump from solid state to a Prodigy/Simplicity/Reliatel boards....all just one's point of view, and how it is marketed by the conglomerates...Lennox Industries, Ingersoll Rand, United Technologies, Daikin, Rheem these companies own 98% of any brand of HVAC equipment out there.

There are some convoluted definitions outlined by the EPA, DOE, ACCA, and the AGA to define what is what.