Thread: new hvac guy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

new hvac guy

Hi my names ryan I'm 23 and just starting hvac..been doing ptacs for 5 yrs at my.hotel I work at for marriott and now getting all.my equipment so I can apply for a helper or apprenticeship and move.up to a tech
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Welcome and good luck on your career choice!

Post Likes
    In this industry (broadly speaking) knowledge is power. When you work on something, go beyond the fix and learn about the unit, master it if there's time. Everything you master becomes knowledge that you own, which can be sold over and over.

The exceptional apprentices I have mentored studied on their own to increase their value as quickly as possible. I also strongly recommend checking into the licensing requirements in your state and get an apprentice card. Start making the hours you are working under your boss's license count towards your own license. Get some study material and start studying to take the test.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smeq View Post
    In this industry (broadly speaking) knowledge is power. When you work on something, go beyond the fix and learn about the unit, master it if there's time. Everything you master becomes knowledge that you own, which can be sold over and over.

The exceptional apprentices I have mentored studied on their own to increase their value as quickly as possible. I also strongly recommend checking into the licensing requirements in your state and get an apprentice card. Start making the hours you are working under your boss's license count towards your own license. Get some study material and start studying to take the test.

Good luck.

Thanks, I already got my apprentice license last week online from the state of maryland DLLR..got my cfc license 3 years ago also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in