Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    This might be the first time we disagreed. You have to use the furnace, coil, and condenser, all together to get the ARI rated 14.5 seer. Now you can use the aspen coil with the 14.5 Ruud condenser and standard 80% furnace that will get you to 15 seer, problem is with the aspen coil, you will not qualify for the 5 year condenser replacement, you have to use the Ruud coil, to qualify for that option. Go figure, aspen coil gets you to 15 seer, Ruud coil gets you to 14.5 seer. If you used the Ruud coil, Ruud 14.5 condenser and furnace with the X-13 motor that combo will get you to 15 seer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct to disagree with me, as I had a brain fart when I wrote that. What I meant to say is exactly what you wrote.

Now that we've cleared that up, I'm still looking for my SEER meter so I can go measure the real-time SEER output of my new home system...
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shophound View Post
    You are correct to disagree with me, as I had a brain fart when I wrote that. What I meant to say is exactly what you wrote.

Now that we've cleared that up, I'm still looking for my SEER meter so I can go measure the real-time SEER output of my new home system...
    Yes! those Lab SEER meters just are not that accurate in the real world.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    RAHL? is this the correct model #? For the record I am a Ruud dealer, Ruud/Rheem same thing there identical, just different names, and I am not being negative at all, even though I might seem to be, I would have just handled it differentially that's all.
    I meant RARL. Everything else is correct. It is the RARL 038JEZ 16 SEER prestige AC unit, the RGPE- 07EMKR two stage variable speed gas furnace and the RHC-TST305 thermostat that they offering (for what will be 6850 if you include what I paid for the initial service). My only remaining question is whether the coil they originally installed (RCFL-HM3617AC) will get me the optimal SEER. The rheem website suggests I may need the RCFN-H*3624 coil to actually get the 16 SEER. Do you know?

At my wit's end

Quote Originally Posted by Brad N View Post
    I meant RARL. Everything else is correct. It is the RARL 038JEZ 16 SEER prestige AC unit, the RGPE- 07EMKR two stage variable speed gas furnace and the RHC-TST305 thermostat that they offering (for what will be 6850 if you include what I paid for the initial service). My only remaining question is whether the coil they originally installed (RCFL-HM3617AC) will get me the optimal SEER. The rheem website suggests I may need the RCFN-H*3624 coil to actually get the 16 SEER. Do you know?
    Now, someone just called me as the guy I've been speaking with is out on vacation, and she says that the contract they sent me was entirely incorrect and that they meant to put a 037JEZ unit and an RGGE-07EMCK furnace, which I looked up and she confirmed is an even LOWER SEER rating and then she tried to upsell me to a Carrier. The whole thing is driving me crazy (and this is a large national company). She told me they don't even make the 038JEZ anymore, which Rheem says is false, that the RCN-H*3624 coil I asked her about is only for the old refrigerant and not 410, which is false...and the RGGE isn't even two-stage, it is modulating, so it doesn't really work with the two-stage outdoor unit. I can't believe what is going on here.

Oh well, they literally cannot figure out anything on the Rheem so they have asked me if I want to go instead with the Carrier Performance (furnace 58PHA070), (coil CNPVP3717) (AC unit 24ACC636), (thermostat TPPRH).

Quote Originally Posted by Brad N View Post
    (and this is a large national company). .
    IMO...this industry takes a LARGE knowledge level with talented employees and a national company (I used to work for one) has to hire "bodies" to keep the doors open and the phone answered and some egghead bean-counter at the corporate office determines they can save $$$ per year by hiring new grads from the trade schools with 0 experience, etc.etc.etc....... .

A smaller well known local company with pride in their work will serve you much better.

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    IMO...this industry takes a LARGE knowledge level with talented employees and a national company (I used to work for one) has to hire "bodies" to keep the doors open and the phone answered and some egghead bean-counter at the corporate office determines they can save $$$ per year by hiring new grads from the trade schools with 0 experience, etc.etc.etc....... .

A smaller well known local company with pride in their work will serve you much better.
    That's always been my theory too. But I thought my last HVAC company was that, and I was with them for 10 years. Then they got a little bigger, started just hiring bodies as you say, and also stopped showing up for appointments. I guess anyone can give bad service, large or small :-p

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123