Time for a Change

Been doing Commerical Refrigeration and HVAC for almost 25 years. Am the NC Refrigeration License holder for my company. My company sent me to a Electro freeze class last year, then decided not to get involved with ice cream machines due to the extensive travel required in our area. The year before the company was sold to a investment group, who have no respect for my license, nor opinion. I feel it is time to move on before things get "ugly". Was thinking about either getting into Rack systems or ice cream service. Just tired and need a change.

Any thoughts ?

Ice Cream machines are ok. My company gets into them a little bit.

What are you thinking about, working for a service company, or starting your own business?

Hadnt given to much thought to self employment, i am a service tech, i think running a business might be a different kind of animal. that was probably a long winded answer for a service company....sorry.

I was actually going to suggest that service company was a better choice than starting your own business.

It seems to me at least, with the ice cream machines, the first few years you work on them, you need someone around that knows a lot about them that can help you out. I'm sure its the same with rack systems.

Go for the ice cream machines. Last company I worked for we did 80% of our work on these machines (electrofreeze). Easy work and usually inside. Nice niche market with great tech support.

which ic machines do you work on, my guess is the brands are different but the machines are probably similar, like ice machine and coolers. different name tags, same concepts, different boards and some controls. bought right ?

The ones we work on are Taylor. We aren't an authorized distributor, so all the work we do is non-warranty.