Keg Cooler with Resi Straight AC condenser

friend of mine just bought a restaurant ( real friggin dump ) kind of in a "shady" part of town if you know what i mean ....

Cooler not getting below 45

5x5 box

Check evap coil , clean , and plenty of air , and I've never seen this before , but the sight glass and drier beside it , but the good news its clear

Look outdoors , Oh great , theres the bad news , its got a residential OD unit , maybe a goodman 2 ton , tags are gone

it appears to have been this way for a while , year maybe , but i dont see how it made it through winters , im sure the head press sunk big time.

I think its got a piston rigged up as well , just glanced at it , but remember seeing 4 cap tube pipes coming out of drier

I didnt have any tools with me , so no numbers yet

What stinks is ..... hes already in debt pretty good trying to make the place hospitable , and now i find this.

How could this have ever worked ?? Or did they just serve 45 deg beer

What cond am i going to use without killin his wallet

Need some figures. If you get that 2 ton running & feeding that 5x5 box, Moe could be serving beer popsicles.
    Don't assume that it doesn't work.
    Wonder if they have a fan-cycling head control ? Don't know your winter ambients.

Those "gut feelings" of a business drawing its' last breath & looking for another tech to shaft... are usually true.

winters , oh it gets 20 degrees in january at night , 35 during day

Hell maybe they turned the cooler off and set the kegs outside ....

Anyhow , I think the line sets about 10 feet long , compressor above unit , but outdoors

Maybe thats how its getting away with such low suction , and getting oil return

Well if its a panel box, 8' tall and normal usage, 4000 Btu's but I would go 6000.

6 foot tall ceiling , kegs and few boxes of food on the shelves

made out of 3/8 plywood and 1 inch blue board

so ... yes , it has condensation problems , theres water on the floor around it ..... but he said dont worry about it now

alrighty , you're the boss