water cooled condenser scale removal

Dear fellows:

Could someone please advice me on the correct method for de-scaling a water cooled condenser? If it is really done with a solution of phosphoric acid, what are the proportions of the mix? Also, what kind of pump should be used to handle this solution? I was shown a homemade device made out of a plastic washing machine water pump!!!

Thank you!!

we use an acid pump made for that job.

isolate condenser and put the pump in a plastic bucket.

A lot of descalers come with litmus papers to determine the strength of the solution. Careful not to have a copper colored stream!

use inhibited hydrchloric acid. i use any submersible pump, in a garbage can pump thru condenser and hose back into garbage can. make sure you have valves on the hose connections.when you are done the tubes should be brush cleaned

Quote Originally Posted by refpro021702 View Post
    Dear fellows:

Could someone please advice me on the correct method for de-scaling a water cooled condenser? If it is really done with a solution of phosphoric acid, what are the proportions of the mix? Also, what kind of pump should be used to handle this solution? I was shown a homemade device made out of a plastic washing machine water pump!!!

Thank you!!
    Rydelyme you will thank me!!! Costly but worth it esp if it's T&M.

Iv'e had luck with a product called Rydlyme it is safer that the normal scale disolver and it works extremly well with mud and tower scum it is supposed to be less damaging to the equipment metals as well.

most of your hvac supply houses carry the cleaners you are looking for, you can buy a acid pump from grainger that will circulate your cleaner. most of the new cleaners will turn colors when the ph is correct, and you will not need limtus cloth anymore.http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...mId=1611762233

Quote Originally Posted by refpro021702 View Post
    Dear fellows:

Thank you!!
    Trane carries Rydelyme.

acid pump, dont do it to long!!! 5 gallon buckets!!!

make sure ya nuetralize afterwards!

there's a product by Virginia KMP which has no pH indicator in it. Also cleans the stainless pans for infrared humidification, but it stinks when you do it, so some sensitive type will start in with the questions.
    Then there's the one with the pH indicator in it. It WILL stain concrete sinks, so don't get happy with it should the occasion arise.
    The trash can with the pumps like bertoh said works well once you try it out a time or two, then you'll be hooked .
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!