Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    We're talking politics. Try not to stir the pot.
    This IS ARP you know... America, Religion, Politics...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah but not a mud fight. Thank you very much

syn

Are you sure you want that post to stay?

I'll give you a little time to think about it.
    Last edited by k-fridge; 06-26-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Thought maybe we could have a civilized discussion for once without someone being called a bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    You're right Glenn, it was me who got the last one shut down, not your seething bigotry and ignorance.

My mistake
    Aw, damn, too late.

Thought maybe we could have a civilized discussion for once without someone being called a bigot.

Aw, damn, too late.
    Yeah... sometimes it is tough...

The post about 'stirring the pot' was telling of the poster's reasons for posting... my ignore file may gain one more person.
    Note: Folks are NOT put on ignore because of their views... rather because they are only interested in playing games... not in resolving issues.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

The core issue with gay marriage

legalization gay marriage is going to happen.

the reason is because we made a mistake many years ago and the homosexuals are going to take advantage of it.
    people in government tried to be nice and give married couples tax breaks , and said you don't have to testify against your husband or wife, and added other benefits.
    by doing this the government created a secular institution for a religious ritual.

when i was a little kid, long before i learned how to think, it seemed strange when i learned you could go to city hall to be married.
    i know there's a lot of good people out there married by judges, but i always wondered why.
    who cares if a judge blessed your marriage?

now homosexuals have a legitimate claim to secular "benefits"
    the truth is they don't care about marriage , they just want America to officially recognize homosexuality under the sun.

and the reason why everyone who supports them is WRONG is because with gay marriage legalized they will have access to
    foster care and adoption.
    although it's highly politically incorrect to even mention it, there is a connection between child abuse and homosexuality, and even a connection between child abuse and many people who end up in prison.
    with a combination of gay marriage and future efforts to list more than one group of people as "parents" of adopted children,

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...o-parents?lite

what many of them are doing is setting up our child services as child sex rings.

the whole thing is an abomination.
    where did i read that before?
    oh yeah , that's right, the Bible.

now, before you go accusing me of blaming all these things on homosexuals, it should be noted that under our current corrupt system , a shocking 70% of children in foster care suffer some form of abuse.

if we had brilliant politicians, ...which we don't , the solution would be to NOT legalize gay marriage and to roll back nearly every rule and law that makes marriage a secular institution.
    instead of giving married couples tax breaks, we make people pay taxes individually, and roll back taxes for everyone.
    if you have a partner that you live with and you don't want to testify against them, great, write the name on a piece of paper and file it.

I look at marrige this way.

Marriage is a religious institution. Meaning that it's not even a states right issue, but separation of church and state issue. Government has no place in marriage at all. Government only became involved in it to tell people whom they could, and could not marry.

The problem with viewing marriage this way, is the only thing two gay people would need is a church that would be willing to wed them.

I want to share a tweet a few days ago from Gov Gary Johnson, the guy I voted for POTUS. I am not proud of it now.

His:
    @GovGaryJohnson: FYI RT @SSNAlerts Gary Johnson promises to fight for same sex marriage in Florida http://t.co/xEywjXiUb1 #SupremeCourt #SCOTUS

Mine:
    @RichardP1973: @GovGaryJohnson experts believe, as I, its likely court will return issue of marriage rights 2 states,”//Better yet, return it 2 the Church

I want to share a tweet a few days ago from Gov Gary Johnson, the guy I voted for POTUS. I am not proud of it now.

His:
    @GovGaryJohnson: FYI RT @SSNAlerts Gary Johnson promises to fight for same sex marriage in Florida http://t.co/xEywjXiUb1 #SupremeCourt #SCOTUS

Mine:
    @RichardP1973: @GovGaryJohnson experts believe, as I, its likely court will return issue of marriage rights 2 states,”//Better yet, return it 2 the Church
    Tool-Slinger is looking for two wives. They will ideally be twins. 2nd choice will be sisters, 3rd choice cousins, and 4th choice close friends. No dudes, fairies, or transvestites. Pay commensurate experience.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Tool-Slinger is looking for two wives. They will ideally be twins. 2nd choice will be sisters, 3rd choice cousins, and 4th choice close friends. No dudes, fairies, or transvestites. Pay commensurate experience.

..... Outside of the the religious aspect I truly do not understand why people care how other peoples relationships function.

Unless someone is forcing you to marry them, why do so many of you oppose this. They are not harming you or yours so why do y'all care?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    ..... Outside of the the religious aspect I truly do not understand why people care how other peoples relationships function.

Unless someone is forcing you to marry them, why do so many of you oppose this. They are not harming you or yours so why do y'all care?

Well it's hard enough to raise kids nowadays in our permissive society with drugs easily available, diverse cultures, big brother telling to how to raise your kids, your own being discriminated against because they aren't a protected group and now to have a society with no morals or standards with official gay marriages shoved down or throats.

That's just too much for lots of us to handle. Thank you very much

Not a good thing being at a state fair with your children and seeing two dudes holding hands and sucking face.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast