Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Hybrid View

THE UNITED STATES OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH

The SCOTUS ruled DOMA unconstitutional and discriminatory

It won't be long before 2 men and 1 woman can marry. Or 2 woman and 1 man. Or a man can marry his dog. Etc.

We are living in the End Times.

This opens the door to polygamy, such as from muslims. It also may end up forcing military chaplains to perform same sex marriages even if it violates their religious beliefs. It will certainly open the door for federal money to same sex couples regardless of which state they reside in.

This is our gov't steadily destroying our republic before our very eyes. Pretty soon, ALL forms of religion will be outlawed. History repeating itself. If man cannot figure out that mortal men do not hold the power to combat this evil then Christ may figure enough is enough and come do the job himself. Chaard, I'm afraid you may be correct. Sinners prepare!

Great posts here both describing what has happened and where we are going. How sick can we get. We have not reached the bottom yet apparently.

DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) passed by the voters of liberal California has been rulled unconstitutional by 5 anti-Americans commies on the Supreme Court. The perverts, soicalists, radicals, Islam lovers, anti-Christians, etc. are destroying everything decent and good in this country. What a shame. What can you say. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

What the SCOTUS ruled was that since the State didn't bother to fight this to defend what the voters passed, then it was not an enforceable law! That means all a government has to do to overturn the will of the people is ignore them! This, in and of itself is unconstitutional. The government is not allowed to ignore laws passed. The chief person in the gubbermint to see to it that the laws of the land are enforced is the POTUS. That is his primary job--not "running" the country. "Running" a country is for dictators and monarchs.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Great posts here both describing what has happened and where we are going. How sick can we get. We have not reached the bottom yet apparently.

DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) passed by the voters of liberal California has been rulled unconstitutional by 5 anti-Americans commies on the Supreme Court. The perverts, soicalists, radicals, Islam lovers, anti-Christians, etc. are destroying everything decent and good in this country. What a shame. What can you say. Thank you, thank you very much
    DOMA was signed into law by Bill Clinton. Fed Law.

Prop 8 was passed by CA. voters

Bill Clinton wanted DOMA rescinded cause it differed from his original draft.
    Bills version wanted marriage to be between one man, one woman and one mistress. JK.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    DOMA was signed into law by Bill Clinton. Fed Law.

Prop 8 was passed by CA. voters

Bill Clinton wanted DOMA rescinded cause it differed from his original draft.
    Bills version wanted marriage to be between one man, one woman and one mistress. JK.
    Thanks for the clarification there chaard. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

A couple of thoughts:

First... does this DOMA thing come under '... powers not given to the federal govt, and not deined to the states, are states rights...' Seems to me this is a states rights issue... and as such SCOTUS overstepped their bounds by ruling on it.
    Second... as GA has been fussing about for a LONG time... if we want this POO to stop... we have only one choice; GET INVOLVED. If we do not... well get out the wood and build the coffin of the USA... 'cause it is going down the tubes.
    Third: Govt types are about ONE thing control. They care about nothing else. Their tool is lieing and manipulation. If we are not wise enough to see through what they are doing AND RISE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... well IMO we deserve what we get.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I can see a lockdown in this thread's future.

"Everywhere I look, I see demons" - quote from Tim Robbins in Jacobs Ladder.

This is how I feel when I look around and observe people. Never before in my life have I seen such decline in morality and the deliberate trampling of our Constitution than in these recent times.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Try not calling any names there syn and we should all get along just peachey. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    A couple of thoughts:

First... does this DOMA thing come under '... powers not given to the federal govt, and not deined to the states, are states rights...' Seems to me this is a states rights issue... and as such SCOTUS overstepped their bounds by ruling on it.
    Second... as GA has been fussing about for a LONG time... if we want this POO to stop... we have only one choice; GET INVOLVED. If we do not... well get out the wood and build the coffin of the USA... 'cause it is going down the tubes.
    Third: Govt types are about ONE thing control. They care about nothing else. Their tool is lieing and manipulation. If we are not wise enough to see through what they are doing AND RISE UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... well IMO we deserve what we get.
    It is a states rights issue. And a double edge sword. Although we may have agreed with DOMA, the Fed Govt had no business in marriage. And the SCOTUS ruled that way.

There are 3 states that still have gay marriage bans in place. The ruling today had no impact on them. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    We're talking politics. Try not to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    We're talking politics. Try not to stir the pot.
    This IS ARP you know... America, Religion, Politics...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast