Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have two gauges. SMAN4 that I use for new system, evacuating and charging. Then a cheap yellow jacket I carry for quick check up and for rooftop units. Would rather risk dropping cheaper gauges than $450 ones.

I wish my HS33 limited edition had wireless capabilities on its amp clamp, would be handy for when I need to test it out on condensers who's disconnect is far away. Guess I can still disconnect the lie voltage on contactor and manually go from there lol.

SRS2C it's really good too, my beef with it is that it sometimes does not sync.

Now I need to see on why my vacuum pump won't pull down much. Even have thread locked the unused ports.
    Last edited by makiro; 06-29-2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by makiro View Post
    I have two gauges. SMAN4 that I use for new system, evacuating and charging. Then a cheap yellow jacket I carry for quick check up and for rooftop units. Would rather risk dropping cheaper gauges than $450 ones.

I wish my HS33 limited edition had wireless capabilities on its amp clamp, would be handy for when I need to test it out on condensers who's disconnect is far away. Guess I can still disconnect the lie voltage on contactor and manually go from there lol.

SRS2C it's really good too, my beef with it is that it sometimes does not sync.

Now I need to see on why my vacuum pump won't pull down much. Even have thread locked the unused ports.
    Change the oil, then connect the vacuum gauge directly to the pump. If it will not do <100 microns... it needs service.

If it does pull less than 100 microns... then there is a leak in something connected to it. I would start with the manifold/gauge set... check everything one step at a time... you will find it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Good point. I did change the oil from last vacuum 3 months ago. The company I work for, would prefer for me to get another vacuum pump rather than getting this one serviced

Quote Originally Posted by makiro View Post
    Good point. I did change the oil from last vacuum 3 months ago. The company I work for, would prefer for me to get another vacuum pump rather than getting this one serviced
    You shoudn't leave the oil in the vacuum pump for so long time.

Figured it wouldn't hurt it since I seal mine.

My distributor said Hilmor was bought by Lennox. And the thing is supposed to have a three year over the counter replacement, and a lifetime manifold body warranty

Hilmor and Lenox have been the same company the whole time. They are from the same parent company Newell Rubbermaid. (The Lenox that makes saw blades and hand tools, not Lennox the HVAC company)

I think Irwin tools is in that mix also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Hilmor and Lenox have been the same company the whole time. They are from the same parent company Newell Rubbermaid. (The Lenox that makes saw blades and hand tools, not Lennox the HVAC company)

I realize this is an older thread but if anyone reads it they should know this. I'm on my 3rd set and am turning them in for the same problems. First was that the seets didn't have anything to hold them in and popped out of the valve stem. The next set they had something in them to hold it but the refrigerant leaked past the the stem , returned them for the 3rd set and now a week or two later I have another leaky stem. On a good note every time i've had a problem I just walked into the supply house and they gave me a new set. On a bad note now its store credit and they only carry the yellow jacket. So hopefully the Y J is a descent set of gauges. wait I think it was 4 sets anyhow F them for doing such a ****ty job. If they fixed this prob. they should have told me and sent me out a new set that they were sure would work when I talked to here pr guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    I realize this is an older thread but if anyone reads it they should know this. I'm on my 3rd set and am turning them in for the same problems. First was that the seets didn't have anything to hold them in and popped out of the valve stem. The next set they had something in them to hold it but the refrigerant leaked past the the stem , returned them for the 3rd set and now a week or two later I have another leaky stem. On a good note every time i've had a problem I just walked into the supply house and they gave me a new set. On a bad note now its store credit and they only carry the yellow jacket. So hopefully the Y J is a descent set of gauges. wait I think it was 4 sets anyhow F them for doing such a ****ty job. If they fixed this prob. they should have told me and sent me out a new set that they were sure would work when I talked to here pr guy.
    YJ makes good manifolds. I own a series 41, and a 4-valve Titan, and they are both good manifolds.

Thanks ,good to hear. I've been doing as much research as i can and they seem to be pretty nice. Its nice to hear testimony though. TKS

Hate to bust bubbles but .5 percent isnt much better than 1 percent especially in a field where 10 percent is fine.

2 of us hook our .5 percent gauges to the same system at the same time and the same place and I doubt our readings would be even within a percent or more..... of each other.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

.5% of 1000 And .5% of 200 are two different things but if you are comparing like to like I bet you are wrong on your 1%
    You would probably be way off the mark actually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast