Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 50
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northwest Louisiana
    Posts
    267
    Smardt and Multistack make state of the art flooded chillers, the edge has to go to Multistack due to their microprocessor. Multistack uses a LBV on each compressor to aid in starting a compressor when other compressors are on line without backing down the on line compressors. This one little addition gives them a small performance edge. I cant say enough good about the factory support from Multistack, they have a excellent factory training. All the negative feedback I've heard is on the plate and frame chillers. They are bringing out new equipment not solely based on Turbocor compressors. Big boys better move over, the worm has turned! And I'm with Klove, What is GT1980 talking about?
    A LITTLE BIT OF STUPID GOES A LONG WAY!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    I would disagree a bit with sargent York. I have always had excellent factory support from Smardt. The Smardts also have a LBV they just call it a hot gas bypass valve, same idea just different lingo. Both have their issues but I see the Smardt as a more progressive product they are constantly striving to make better machines. They have been known to take ideas from techs in the field and apply them to the production of their machines. The controllers on the new Smardt chillers are wonderful to work with and have the Turbocor monitoring software on them, no need to bring in a laptop. They are also XP based and can be seamlessly given an IP and be brought onto any network. I am of course biased about Smardt because I have had pretty good luck with them.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    I've read all of your posts in this thread...
    Hi KL:

    tried to abbreviate, thought enough wording was present.

    on the above last 2 threads, what's not understood?

    i can only answer by a line or some direction.

    Customers buying me are happy with my outlines and training, so I wont know about the ones not buying.

    Perhaps I am too used to specific training in facts over form.
    I will adjust.

    I could rewrite, but rather let me know IF you can not see a plastic lame HX in the Earth/Pond with a circulator of 1/10th to 1/9th the rfg compressor equivalent
    for chilling ; and can also be used for heating/ pre-cooling to pre-heating as well.

    Earth tubes for boosting temps of ambient in winter have also worke without the humidity problems until warmer humid air gets in.

    I see little or no mention of very successful DDC interfacing of common dual compressors on single circuits as smaller + larger, then both for stage 3 ; and very similar and less costly than some vfd, in service to repairs, let alone sales/purchases.

    Just ask what you may want clarified. Can do.
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

    http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dixiana, AL
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by GT1980 View Post
    Hi KL:

    tried to abbreviate, thought enough wording was present.

    on the above last 2 threads, what's not understood?

    i can only answer by a line or some direction.

    Customers buying me are happy with my outlines and training, so I wont know about the ones not buying.

    Perhaps I am too used to specific training in facts over form.
    I will adjust.

    I could rewrite, but rather let me know IF you can not see a plastic lame HX in the Earth/Pond with a circulator of 1/10th to 1/9th the rfg compressor equivalent
    for chilling ; and can also be used for heating/ pre-cooling to pre-heating as well.

    Earth tubes for boosting temps of ambient in winter have also worke without the humidity problems until warmer humid air gets in.

    I see little or no mention of very successful DDC interfacing of common dual compressors on single circuits as smaller + larger, then both for stage 3 ; and very similar and less costly than some vfd, in service to repairs, let alone sales/purchases.

    Just ask what you may want clarified. Can do.
    Oddly enough, I don't understand any of this, either. The only other thought processes I've encountered that even remotely resemble what's in this post was during my military service when we'd go for 5 or 6 days on an hour a day sleep. I'm still wondering if English is your first language, and I'm just dumber than I gave myself credit for being.....

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    931
    [QUOTE=klove;16138171]I've read all of your posts in this thread QUOTE]

    if you are asking, and I am not sure, here are more complete references to the thread, though:

    A tangent "chiller" of Earth-Coupled to a pond- heat-sink:
    [is in response to the thread "WE ARE LOOKING" and stated as a tangent because when I used flooded evaporators in w:w single cycle "chiller" heaters in 1980; with heat-relative COP's of 4.1, in 1980, they were pretty good 34 years runnning TODAY still --- just the hybrid in a pond with plastic pipes of PE 3408 SDR 11 x 1" dia x 420 ft coils /per each of 2.1/2 tons net chilling resulted BETTER with 12 coils off of 2" headers split to two more 2" to each of 6-pipes of the 1" coils that were 7ft in diameter and put on a rack sitting on 11-13 foot depths in a pond of 40 - 76 degrees , winter-to-summer, respectively.]

    and even those "chillers" of 1980 wtr:Air and Wtr:wtr with 'pretty good' HX's a ratio of 7 TON compressors to 10 TON evaporative HX
    and near 20-TON air coils/ or hot-side condenser -to- water-HX 'coils'/ also tube in shell, then american standards... to get COP'sof 4.1 and more in Heat-Reclaim applications.
    WERE JUST
    but not as great in EFFICIENCY compared to a plastic lame HX in a pond- heat-sink, and were void of any rfg tech expenses...


    as the diagram posted
    there in just a 'tangent' (touching, but not in the RFG-chiller circle)
    was associated as an alternate thread response, "LOOKING"...

    EXPLAINED USE since 1996
    was DRAMATICALLY more efficient--------ECL, gle, - using a simple and effectual Earth Coil ground-loop in a pond.

    FIRST THOSE CHILLERS: INSTALLED when a process called for 27 NET cooling tons with EW 94 at over 50gpm or so]

    where Trane lost to Budzar was due to more features saving time. [this references two OEM's "battling it out, and Budzar of OH got the deal... I closed it for nearly 4000 dollars (US) more than the direct selling Trane distributor...
    Budzar was more of what the manufacturing client liked. (and they bought both OEM's, through the years later)
    that 27 net chilling ton load was no longer a task for the Budzar:::

    further some description of hook up is back at the begining posted with the pictured (HVAC -GeoThermal pond loop ECL for their offices and a size ~ 18+ total GT System).
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

    http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Dallas,Texas
    Posts
    4,923
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Oddly enough, I don't understand any of this, either. The only other thought processes I've encountered that even remotely resemble what's in this post was during my military service when we'd go for 5 or 6 days on an hour a day sleep. I'm still wondering if English is your first language, and I'm just dumber than I gave myself credit for being.....
    Try to read his BIO....

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dixiana, AL
    Posts
    2,609
    [QUOTE=GT1980;16183881]
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    I've read all of your posts in this thread QUOTE]

    if you are asking, and I am not sure, here are more complete references to the thread, though:

    A tangent "chiller" of Earth-Coupled to a pond- heat-sink:
    [is in response to the thread "WE ARE LOOKING" and stated as a tangent because when I used flooded evaporators in w:w single cycle "chiller" heaters in 1980; with heat-relative COP's of 4.1, in 1980, they were pretty good 34 years runnning TODAY still --- just the hybrid in a pond with plastic pipes of PE 3408 SDR 11 x 1" dia x 420 ft coils /per each of 2.1/2 tons net chilling resulted BETTER with 12 coils off of 2" headers split to two more 2" to each of 6-pipes of the 1" coils that were 7ft in diameter and put on a rack sitting on 11-13 foot depths in a pond of 40 - 76 degrees , winter-to-summer, respectively.]

    and even those "chillers" of 1980 wtr:Air and Wtr:wtr with 'pretty good' HX's a ratio of 7 TON compressors to 10 TON evaporative HX
    and near 20-TON air coils/ or hot-side condenser -to- water-HX 'coils'/ also tube in shell, then american standards... to get COP'sof 4.1 and more in Heat-Reclaim applications.
    WERE JUST
    but not as great in EFFICIENCY compared to a plastic lame HX in a pond- heat-sink, and were void of any rfg tech expenses...


    as the diagram posted
    there in just a 'tangent' (touching, but not in the RFG-chiller circle)
    was associated as an alternate thread response, "LOOKING"...

    EXPLAINED USE since 1996
    was DRAMATICALLY more efficient--------ECL, gle, - using a simple and effectual Earth Coil ground-loop in a pond.

    FIRST THOSE CHILLERS: INSTALLED when a process called for 27 NET cooling tons with EW 94 at over 50gpm or so]

    where Trane lost to Budzar was due to more features saving time. [this references two OEM's "battling it out, and Budzar of OH got the deal... I closed it for nearly 4000 dollars (US) more than the direct selling Trane distributor...
    Budzar was more of what the manufacturing client liked. (and they bought both OEM's, through the years later)
    that 27 net chilling ton load was no longer a task for the Budzar:::

    further some description of hook up is back at the begining posted with the pictured (HVAC -GeoThermal pond loop ECL for their offices and a size ~ 18+ total GT System).
    Enough with subtlety - where the heck are you from, and what language do you speak as a native tongue?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dixiana, AL
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
    Try to read his BIO....
    I just did. Think I'll take a handful of extra strength Excedrin and go on to work now.....

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Tin foil hats, anyone?

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Alabama
    Posts
    39
    Klove-Never knew you were into subtlety...[QUOTE=klove;16184251]
    Quote Originally Posted by GT1980 View Post

    Enough with subtlety - where the heck are you from, and what language do you speak as a native tongue?

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northwest Louisiana
    Posts
    267
    Allstar08. Is Smardt still using Kiltech controllers? We have one new 700 ton Smardt under contract and it has Kiltech Controller but no HGBP or LBV? As I said both brands are cutting edge, I have had a look at the new McQuay machines but not some of the other Turbocor compressor chillers out there. What kind of controllers are some of the other makers using?

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    I just did. Think I'll take a handful of extra strength Excedrin and go on to work now.....
    There's more.

    i can write english too!

    hahahah-

    pick a line or paragraph so i can understand YUZ !
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

    http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    931
    a unit from the 1980's was already rated cop- 4.1
    and "chilled " mutually efficiently.


    a pipe in dirt chills (in a wide range, in a 40-70deg pond or hybrid/damp soil loop) at 80% to 90% utility savings...
    and they will not call KB to service the water pump. nor any rfg - $ charging to keep up with r22 $50/ lb retailing...

    F--O--C--U--S

    "looking for" is in the first line of the thread that I am remembering.
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

    http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event