Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier 19DG Tear Down Manual Search

Looking for a Carrier 19DG Tear Down Manual. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to share? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogeek View Post
    Looking for a Carrier 19DG Tear Down Manual. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to share? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Oh Boy. I've been doing chiller service for 40 years (16 with Carrier), and I don't recall that Carrier ever published anything that could be construed as a "Tear Down Manual". The younger, inexperienced techs. would assist on several tear downs with experienced techs. until they had enough experience that they could gradually transition to lead tech. position, and pass on the knowledge to the next generation. There is so much "touchy-feeling" that goes on, in a rebuild, that I don't think you could adequately describe in writing. There are "Fits and Clearances" tables in the I.O.M. manual's, that give dimensions that must be held. There were bulletins published, when issues came up, that needed to be shared with the field. But, I don't recall ever seeing anything, in writing, that gives an actual procedure to follow, when tearing down and rebuilding chillers.

19DG chillers were built in the 1970's. That's at least 40 years old. The first five digits of the serial number, should tell you when it was shipped. Any 19DG

They had CFC-11 refrigerant back then. Has it been converted? Have the controls been updated? Is the purge original? Why are you even thinking about over hauling it? Just curious.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Thank you.
    Although hard to find,there is tear down(stop major) manual for that chiller, sometime ago Carrier had it for sale, you best bet is try to buy a copy from your local Carrier office.

He can check here for all the literature has to offer. If it is not here he won't be able to purchase it locally.

http://carrieruniversity.com

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Although hard to find,there is tear down(stop major) manual for that chiller, sometime ago Carrier had it for sale, you best bet is try to buy a copy from your local Carrier office.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Thank you.
    Is your email in your profile?? I did not see it.
    It is quite a large file.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    could you please e-mail me a copy too? my e-mail is my user name at yahoo.com, thank

If you don't mind e-mailing me a copy trigger it would be much appreciated. thanks

Regarding the Carrier Tear Down Manual- Thank you for your comments

Thanks for your comments. The chiller is owned by a school corporation and all controls and purge are original. They have 300 pounds of virgin R11 stored.
    Leaks are the problem, and since the machine would have to be disassembled to regasket, it makes since to replace
    bearings and such at that time. I have found the "Fits and Clearances" listed in the IOM, but wanted to see if more
    detailed information regarding disassembly existed. Sounds like that is not the case. I know Trane dosen't provide
    this literature on their machines either. They do offer factory overhaul classes through. I'm really reluctant to take
    work on without more documentation.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by referteacher View Post
    Oh Boy. I've been doing chiller service for 40 years (16 with Carrier), and I don't recall that Carrier ever published anything that could be construed as a "Tear Down Manual". The younger, inexperienced techs. would assist on several tear downs with experienced techs. until they had enough experience that they could gradually transition to lead tech. position, and pass on the knowledge to the next generation. There is so much "touchy-feeling" that goes on, in a rebuild, that I don't think you could adequately describe in writing. There are "Fits and Clearances" tables in the I.O.M. manual's, that give dimensions that must be held. There were bulletins published, when issues came up, that needed to be shared with the field. But, I don't recall ever seeing anything, in writing, that gives an actual procedure to follow, when tearing down and rebuilding chillers.

19DG chillers were built in the 1970's. That's at least 40 years old. The first five digits of the serial number, should tell you when it was shipped. Any 19DG

They had CFC-11 refrigerant back then. Has it been converted? Have the controls been updated? Is the purge original? Why are you even thinking about over hauling it? Just curious.

Sorry, I'm new to the site. I updated my profile to include my email so thanks for your patience.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    He can check here for all the literature has to offer. If it is not here he won't be able to purchase it locally.

http://carrieruniversity.com
    Thank you for your response and suggestion. I'll take a look and see if there is anything that would be helpful.

Thanks for your comments. The chiller is owned by a school corporation and all controls and purge are original. They have 300 pounds of virgin R11 stored.
    Leaks are the problem, and since the machine would have to be disassembled to regasket, it makes since to replace
    bearings and such at that time. I have found the "Fits and Clearances" listed in the IOM, but wanted to see if more
    detailed information regarding disassembly existed. Sounds like that is not the case. I know Trane dosen't provide
    this literature on their machines either.
    They do offer factory overhaul classes through. I'm really reluctant to take
    work on without more documentation.
    Thanks.
    Someone is giving you bad information. They would be CTV-SG-1 and CTV-SG-2.

Whoa. Nellie. How did we get from CARRIER 19DG. to TRANE CTV. ??????

Referteacher, Time out... let me clarify. I mentioned Trane for comparitive reasons only (between Carrier and Trane).
    Didn't mean to add any confusion to this. Just looking for a manual on the Carrier 19DG to assist with tear down.
    Sounds like a manual dedicated to this does not exist. Thats fine, and I apperciate everyones help (triggerhappy,
    Dallas Buster, Valdelloc) that has responded.

Someone is giving you bad information. They would be CTV-SG-1 and CTV-SG-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast