YR Chiller nose dives in low evaporator temperature fault.

YR chiller will not unload automatically. Unloads fine manually. Trips on low evaporator temperature. I had an opportunity to spend an hour with it the other day and will be returning to check some things. It really is coming across as a programming problem in the small time i've been there. It just doesn't seem to even try to unload when approaching setpoint. Any suggestions?

Without any details, I would start with verifying the flow rates and the accuracy of the pressure transducers and thermistors. If that checks out look at the set points on the compressor and evaporator screens. maybe something is wrong there. If that doesn't work try replacing the chiller
    Good Luck
    It's a humbling trade

I will do a LG on th

My daughter must have finished that last reply on my behalf. I will see this chiller in the near future. I will log the machine and I know a little tweaking will be necessary on at least the water flow on both sides. The tower is pump is cavitating on two machines. This stuff hasn't been cared for properly in the past, the guys responsible for it are over their head. I threw the request for suggestions hoping someone would come up with something that I might not necessarily contribute to a lack of unloading in a timely fashion.

Maybe the control sensitivity set points are messed up. Also when you manually control the slide valve does it hold position ok?
    It's a humbling trade

If I was reading correctly I believe the controller will read LWT every 2 to 20 seconds and its defaulted to 20. I didn't even have time to look at piping configuration, it may be short looped with little to no load and I will have to decrease that read time.

Manual operation held the slide valve ok but the evaporator temp reacted very quickly to the adjustments, too quickly.