Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks t527ed. Running the wire to the Tstat is no problem... I'm patient!!

if you're going to run a new wire then run enough so you can install a 2 stage thermostat to control the heater staging by temperature instead of time.

G i think you figured it out.

Just an update. Went out and bought some new bundled wire and just replaced rewired the old stuff plus connected the green contacts and it works like a charm!!! I'm so fricking happy, I cannot believe the difference the air circulation has made in my house after just an hour!!! Unbelievable.

My last question. The Tstat with the fan in manual ON seems to be running very quietly with the fan running at very low speed, which is great. Am I running any potential risk of burning out the fan here if I leave this on like this 24/7 for the next two months??

Thanks so much for the hints here guys. Very Appreciated!!! (t527ed, pacnw, tacker, 5th, mark)

When g is energized (continuous fan operation) the blower will run at a reduced speed, it uses less power at that speed as well. Glad you figured it out, sometimes I wish we could help a little more than the rules allow.

Mine has run nonstop for 3 years. And its still running.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    When g is energized (continuous fan operation) the blower will run at a reduced speed, it uses less power at that speed as well. Glad you figured it out, sometimes I wish we could help a little more than the rules allow.
    Thanks for the explanation jtammel!

Thanks again guys, much obliged!!

sounds like you got it, but I am still unable to see the letters for the black wire and the clear wire next to it.

what are those extra clear/speaker wires connected to?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post

what are those extra clear/speaker wires connected to?
    The clear wires are going to the humidifier solenoid.

so the black wire is connected to R and the clear wire is on C, correct?

I believe Lennox does NOT want anything connected on W other than call for heat. for this reason they provided 2 ways to connect a humidifier.

sounds like you got a less than knowledgeable installer.

wonder if anything else is incorrect?

finally, the blower speed is adjustable if needed.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    so the black wire is connected to R and the clear wire is on C, correct?

I believe Lennox does NOT want anything connected on W other than call for heat. for this reason they provided 2 ways to connect a humidifier.

sounds like you got a less than knowledgeable installer.

wonder if anything else is incorrect?

finally, the blower speed is adjustable if needed.
    Yes, you're correct, the black wire is on R(2) and clear wire on C(3). I have no idea if everything else is correct, but as it stands now... things seems to be working fine. If I had to go back and do this again, I would definitely go with a different installer, as I don't like finding out this stuff was not properly installed, or getting the B.S. run around when making a service call/inquiry about something they should have hooked up properly in the first place (manual fan control). That being said, they did give me a very fair price on the furnace and install.. so you get what you pay for is the motto here I guess!!

I did learn about the blower speed dip switches on the furnace motherboard in the furnace manual I just found today!!! Right now, I'm pretty happy with the fact that it seems to be on a very low speed and is imperceptible as far any sound. Overall, I'm a happy camper!!

cheers, Dutch

imo installer did nothing wrong. if it was a heat only install i would not have run new stat wires just to run the fan.

i might have given you the option to pay extra for it but it would not be included in a normal replacement.
    as far as hooking the humidifier up to w-c goes i have never had a problem caused by doing that, it is the way i prefer to have a bypass humidifier hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    imo installer did nothing wrong. if it was a heat only install i would not have run new stat wires just to run the fan.
    In MY opinion, and since the homeowner seemed to accomplish this, running new wire to take advantage of all the options of the unit is the correct way to do an install.

i might have given you the option to pay extra for it but it would not be included in a normal replacement.
    as far as hooking the humidifier up to w-c goes i have never had a problem caused by doing that, it is the way i prefer to have a bypass humidifier hooked up.
    I know there is an install manual that specifically says not to connect any other load to "W". I have seen what it can do to those trying to troubleshoot weird things happening. Secondly, MY opinion, if the mfr provides labeled connections for a humidifier use them. Why do it "the way I have always done it and had no problems"?
    Original poster seems happy with the way it functions, has been informed as to some of the issues and fixes and can make his own decision on how/if he wants to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post

It was just a new furnace they put it. I was still a little peeved though because I remember specifically asking the guy about having the ability to run the fan in the summer. He said it was no problem that it would work, and said nothing about any extra cost to hook it up. It wasn't until after they left and I opened up the Tstat that I figured out they didn't bother running a new wire to it.. and just used the existing two wire one. Oh well, maybe he forgot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12