Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any liebert techs

Post Likes

any liebert techs

like said how many liebert techs are on here and also im new to hvac and liebert (yr in april)

Post Likes
    count me in, sitesupport. I used to work for a company by that name.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Post Likes
    was it in baltimore?

Post Likes
    yeah, hon , except I lived in Catonsville, so I did a gig for awhile in both offices.
    I think it's funny that they even have a traffic report in Des Moines--there is no traffic to mention. I would like to see some of these yahoos around Des Moines stuck in traffic for 3 hours though, just because I'm weird like that these nascar wannabes with some of the wildlife in Balto, and DC who would come after them in traffic for ya know, like traffic minutiae. I guess I got warped, wouldn't you say?
    BTW, we have to compete with the Liebert office here too, just like with liebert capitol. Ain't it a blast though?
    I'm going to a trane chiller class here for a spell, so I'll check in when I can. I hope you have a good one.

Post Likes
    ya liebert capital is also way overpriced for parts, and parking in dc is also a frickin nightmare. Did you know ninna, or ed feeny? Good luck in your chiller class
    hope to see ya around

Post Likes
    Hey SSS , you ever been to Discovery in Silver Spring ? I have met a few of your techs out there while I was working .

Post Likes
    i think i was there once a while ago im mainly in baltimore. ive been to noah allot though

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sitesupportsev View Post
    ya liebert capital is also way overpriced for parts, and parking in dc is also a frickin nightmare. Did you know ninna, or ed feeny? Good luck in your chiller class
    hope to see ya around
    yeah, she was a trip. and you can tell feeney that he can twist pretzels and assemble reflective triangles for the buggies. I would ask you to say hi to everyone for me, coles, gravy eddie f., dvb, matty, and mr. dallas cowboys himself broderick. tell 'em svw says howdy from flyover country.

Post Likes
    i think i was there once a while ago im mainly in baltimore. ive been to noah allot though
    home away from home. does kenny from PA still run the place?

Post Likes
    will do small world after all huh? Yea ninna was great she left for virginia. I think kenny still runs it.

Post Likes

from the old blue covers to the new ones, leibert called me up when i was with kwik kool

in miami to teach a company called aurora a/c how to use their systems properly!

Post Likes
    yea lieberts are a great and complicated units. Im just starting out and learning losts. Have you seen the new dx's yet?

Post Likes

Lieberts Overwhelm the South

Lieberts are fantastic machines; from the smallest datamate to the new XD systems. I was priveleged enough to have been sent to certification training by my employer through a factory dealer. Once you learn Lieberts, you'll never want to work on anything else again. More times than not, you'll always be working in a nice comfortable room -- that is unless the machine has failed or all have in the case of redundent cooling by chill water or water cooled units.

Post Likes
    well ive got a love hate with chilled water-condenser loops. Most units in md the building is responsible for the loop well if they do work or the loop goes down your kinda in a bad spot. but for the units them self are fantastic. we have some of the first mini-mates on some of our plans and for the most part are still great units ( building loop) but anyway i will deff stay where im at for awhile. Id really like to learn about chillers too.

Post Likes
    well ive got a love hate with chilled water-condenser loops. Most units in md the building is responsible for the loop well if they do work or the loop goes down your kinda in a bad spot. but for the units them self are fantastic. we have some of the first mini-mates on some of our plans and for the most part are still great units ( building loop) but anyway i will deff stay where im at for awhile. Id really like to learn about chillers too.
    ask the italian stallion about 250 W Pratt, where Nortel is. sections of the loop risers were replaced a few years ago, we were constantly cleaning out the strainer in the bathroom and the junk in those pipes was reported to have been very bad--it was described as looking like coral reefs.
    Is central tech renting out of SSS warehouse? Just wait until they sub you out to punch the tubes (like 1700) on the chillers at Hopkins. After you do that all day and you leave for the day and you look away from stuff you have a negative image of the 1700+ tubes stuck on your eyes And they have like 11 or 12 of those puppies down there. yee-ha!
    Do you ever see fellas from Dean Mechanical around there? A couple of them were longtime SSS guys, so you''ll see them lurking around SSS jobs.

Post Likes
    yea we've still got places like that wish we didnt. one place in dc is feeding out of the potomac. lol. prat is all torn up the university is building like mad. ive met a few of the x workers all real nice and smart as all get up. Most say they left because of promises not being kept. i think thats retarded and don should have never let them go. central tech? past my time there i guess. i will ask. Also gotta start using your nicknames theyre great lol. havent even seen a dean truck maybe i have and just never really payed attention.

Post Likes
    Hey SSS , have you ever seen the Hopkins north chiller plant ? The ice vault there is HUGE !!! Half of that entire building is one big vault .We've probobally worked in alot of the same buildings . What part of town are you in ? I am from Columbia but migrated to just over the PA line 5 years ago .

Post Likes
    we do work at hopkins but hardly do chillers just smaller ones for mri and such.
    next time you're there take a pic id love to see it. right now im in parkville. Prob moving to pa in the near future (2yrs)

Post Likes
    I'm an old Liebert Tech. Was certified at a field school, then level 00 and 10 at Worthington, Ohio. Recertified at another field school, was dissapointed they weren't teaching Fuzzy Logic. It was supposed to be a trade secret and the instructor quickly hustled me outside. Went from Barber Colman controls, with the tennis ball size copper float, infrared lamp humidifiers to Fuzzy Logic with the Rectangle humid cannisters. Does anyone remember the first Challengers? They had eight sides on them. R500 Deluxes? Opto controls?

Post Likes
    or how bout the 2stage challenger evap coils that ate compressors?

those humidifier sumps with the tennis ball were a treat, but they kept chugging on.

central tech was a chiller company. they apparently moved out of SSS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in