Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcar View Post
    Wow. You're lucky to be alive. I usually just check two legs as well to make sure the disconnect disengaged. I'll be checking all three from now on though. And it's funny you should mention Bountiful. I've only seen the copper fuse trick three times, and they were all in Bountiful. Maybe it's the lack of close supply houses?
    Yeah Bountiful upto Farmington are a definite crumby area when it comes to supply houses. AirCold on California Ave is not to bad of a drive from Bountiful but they do not have crap for parts, not even a single belt. Seems like everybody else... Johnstones, URI, RSD, Contractors, Lennox, US Air/York, Trane, Goodman/Amana, and Intermountain Fuse have all decided to smash themselves into a 2 mile square block. Funny part, can't remember ever having a service call a stones throw from any of these guys. Working at Triumph Gear in Park City on a chiller, today, and had to make that round trip drive, that's a doozy.
    Service has been crazy, how about for you? Not looking forward to this 100 degree heat streak coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Yeah Bountiful upto Farmington are a definite crumby area when it comes to supply houses. AirCold on California Ave is not to bad of a drive from Bountiful but they do not have crap for parts, not even a single belt. Seems like everybody else... Johnstones, URI, RSD, Contractors, Lennox, US Air/York, Trane, Goodman/Amana, and Intermountain Fuse have all decided to smash themselves into a 2 mile square block. Funny part, can't remember ever having a service call a stones throw from any of these guys. Working at Triumph Gear in Park City on a chiller, today, and had to make that round trip drive, that's a doozy.
    Service has been crazy, how about for you? Not looking forward to this 100 degree heat streak coming up.
    Yeah, I did that Park City round trip yesterday for a Rocky Mountain Power office. It does kinda suck. We haven't really been too slammed this year. We've had a few crazy days, but not real consistent. I'm not sure why. I only started with this company a couple months ago and everybody says it's abnormally slow. We have enough contract work to keep us all pretty busy, but service calls seem to be lacking. Maybe we're doing too good on our pm work.

I was surprised and not surprised that it was Action Dog that serviced that unit. Didn't think they could get their sleezy foot into a light commercial job. I have no qualms telling everyone that the Three Horseman of Evil are Whipple, Action, and Neerings...just abhor them...PERIOD.

I was surprised and not surprised that it was Action Dog that serviced that unit. Didn't think they could get their sleezy foot into a light commercial job. I have no qualms telling everyone that the Three Horseman of Evil are Whipple, Action, and Neerings...just abhor them...PERIOD.
    HAHA! I agree 100%! I don't know how a company can justify paying a service tech commission on parts. Action does. I've heard some crazy **** about Whipple and Neerings as well. Mostly about how poorly they treat their employees. My buddy and I actually went to Whipple to apply about 12 years ago when the company we were working for went out of business. We both got such a strange, bad vibe while in the office that we decided right in the parking lot we would never work there.

Slc, do you happen to have a non contact voltage pen? Glad you're alright....

So, how does a non-customer go about filing a complaint against a guy's license in Utah?
    Putting the jackass out of a job would be more satisfying than spending the night in the cooler awaiting arraignment on an assault charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Slc, do you happen to have a non contact voltage pen? Glad you're alright....
    Spend the $20 and keep one in your shirt pocket!

I have a Fluke non-contact that I use when ever I walk up on a unit to make sure the body is not energized. Used it when I walked up to this unit. But that gets put away once panels are off and DMM is out.
    This one was my fault for not checking across all three legs and then all three legs to ground.

So you really only got hit with 277. Man thinking about 480v just makes me sick! Glad you're alright though.

Wife hates it when I talk about close calls. Finally told her this morning over coffee and while doing billing in the office and she freaked...again. I shouldn't have said anything and I usually don't. Had to listen to the rant of why are you alone on roofs, you shouldn't be alone, what are the kids and I, you dont get paid what your worth, who is this guy and where does he live...as my old Italian Grandfather D'Emilia would say "Yakety Yak Blah Blah Blah"
    Well, off to work, another day at the salt mines.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvCe24gCv8

I have a Fluke non-contact that I use when ever I walk up on a unit to make sure the body is not energized. Used it when I walked up to this unit. But that gets put away once panels are off and DMM is out.
    This one was my fault for not checking across all three legs and then all three legs to ground.
    Redundant safeties are the best my friend. Swipe that baby across there an if you get within 6" of 480, it's going to sing.

Yeah...got laxed and as soon as I turned my back I got bit. Guess more mad at myself for not doing what I know I should do, slipped up this time. Will not be another time, can't afford my wife flipping out again. Just got home and she still fired up. I guess it is going to be Chef Boy-r-Dee Beefaroni out of the can for me tonight

Yeah...got laxed and as soon as I turned my back I got bit. Guess more mad at myself for not doing what I know I should do, slipped up this time. Will not be another time, can't afford my wife flipping out again. Just got home and she still fired up. I guess it is going to be Chef Boy-r-Dee Beefaroni out of the can for me tonight
    Jewelry sure helps mine. :grin:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast