+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When I find you, I will punch you in the back of the head

Post Likes

When I find you, I will punch you in the back of the head

From the bill of lading I know your name, I know what company you work for, I know on 7/13/11 you serviced an old Lennox GCS3 rooftop unit in Bountiful, UT, I know you lied on your work order that you replaced three 60A Buss fuses, I know that your slime, and just know that you almost killed me.
    Someday you will be at the counter at a distributor with a flame sensor in your hand telling them it is bad, because your too stupid to know it can be cleaned, and in mid sentence you will feel a fist in the back of your head.
    Doubt your a member of this site, so it just feels good to talk out loud to the internet world.

Not in the mood to go into the story right now, maybe after a shot of gin and a good nights sleep, but here is a picture. The mods would probably censor the other picture of the pile of crap that I had to clean out of my under wear.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    And the very next job after this one...

Just soooooo frustrated today with one job after the next cleaning up after dumb techs..."where have all the good techs gone?"
    I have such bigger fish to fry right now with this record heat wave, that I do not need the frustration of wondering why?
    Data Plate calls for 3/4hp 4.2A evap motor...........NOPE, guess some idiot thinks a 1/4hp 1.2A condenser fan motor will work. Another one of those techs with another one of those BIG FLASHY RADIO COMMERCIAL COMPANIES.

Going to bed...talk to you all tomorrow. Appreciate you all here on this site..newbies or veterans, just proves you care about our industry, our trade, and bettering yourself in your career. Thank you.

Post Likes
    All I can say is WOW!!!! I heard of people doing this to keep a unit running long enough to find the problem. Never heard of anyone leaving them in what an Idiot.

Post Likes
    Wow.. Brutal

Post Likes
    I find that all the time in fused disconnects around here. If the circuit has a dedicated breaker at the panel they figure the fuses aren't necessary. I figure a fuse holder should hold nothing but a fuse.
    "If you've eliminated all other possibilities whatever remains must be the truth."

Post Likes
    IMO, bypassing one leg of a disconnect, and leaving it that way for longer than it takes to return with a new disconnect, is attempted murder, and should be prosecuted as such by the state.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    IMO, bypassing one leg of a disconnect, and leaving it that way for longer than it takes to return with a new disconnect, is attempted murder, and should be prosecuted as such by the state.
    X2
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    My ass would be parked in front of that guys shop come morning. Did the second guy at least pull the drain plug out of the bottom of the condenser motor?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    He replaced the fuses he just wasnt honest about what he used to replace the fuses with. Did he bypass the one leg completely? Now that deserves what ever he gets.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    He replaced the fuses he just wasnt honest about what he used to replace the fuses with. Did he bypass the one leg completely? Now that deserves what ever he gets.
    Thats what I was wondering how else would he get ( i'm assuming shocked) and hence the skid marks he didn't want to post pics of.

Post Likes
    I still dont think the copper trick is right either.
    Last edited by hvac69; 06-25-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Post Likes
    Good idea. Maybe you should get into politics?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Look closer at the pic. L1 T1 is taped
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I try to open (not always) the disconnect cover and verify the thing is off or in your case some knucklehead bypassed it. Sometimes the blades don't dis-engage all the way. You can usually tell when you pull the lever something ain't right! I should start popping the pull block type covers too. Just in case!

Post Likes
    and that's why i use my meter to verify lack of power.

I turned off a disconnect, almost had my hand on the contactor when the unit fired up....one leg bypassed....that was my wake up call.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    From the bill of lading I know your name, I know what company you work for, I know on 7/13/11 you serviced an old Lennox GCS3 rooftop unit in Bountiful, UT, I know you lied on your work order that you replaced three 60A Buss fuses, I know that your slime, and just know that you almost killed me.
    Someday you will be at the counter at a distributor with a flame sensor in your hand telling them it is bad, because your too stupid to know it can be cleaned, and in mid sentence you will feel a fist in the back of your head.
    Doubt your a member of this site, so it just feels good to talk out loud to the internet world.

Not in the mood to go into the story right now, maybe after a shot of gin and a good nights sleep, but here is a picture. The mods would probably censor the other picture of the pile of crap that I had to clean out of my under wear.
    I feel your pain. several years ago, I removed six of those same 'fuses' from an elderly woman's electric furnace. I guess copper was cheaper than fuses at the time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Look closer at the pic. L1 T1 is taped
    Ahh didnt see that and def. always confirm that there is no power.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    Ahh didnt see that and def. always confirm that there is no power.
    And the other 2 aren't fuses either....

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_20130513_095341_285.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  34.3 KB

Roger that

Post Likes
    Feeling better. Man I was one fired up ombre yesterday.

Sooooooo..this gets weird and I am at fault here, too for getting relaxed around electricity (460 volt 3 phase).

New account, very eerie place.

Do the usual check voltage and I have 208 across all the legs, unit has a 480 to 240 transformer and it is melted and dripping to heck and back. So kill disconnect to get to work, check two of the three legs for power and had nothing, DID NOT CHECK THE THIRD! So put my hand on the back side of that monster transformer to line up my screwdriver and basically was stuck there for about 10 seconds getting juiced.

Now the scary shiznit is that your brain works just fine and is trying to tell your hand that is wedged in there to "LET GO!" But that flipping electricity just seems to take over and all your muscles just start to clinch down and bind you in place. 6 seconds or so feels like an eternity!

For some reason my legs were not effected and I simply let my knees go limp and my upper torso with help from gravity ripped me free.

I think I sat there for about 10 minutes trying to get my hand and fingers to work.

Went into the basement to find that the main breaker is 200A!!!

Between almost getting killed with CO this winter and getting a foot closer to God with this fiasco, I think what lives I have are running out.

Installed new 60A 3 phase box, new 60A Buss Fuses, and added a SquareD 60A 3 pole breaker in a blank spot on the panel in the basement.

Better pic of box

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in