Help !!!!!

Unicco

i would like to know if anyone works at this company or have worked for them in the past. they do industrial maintenance and hvac.

i am trying to get good information so that i can make a decision to go with them or another prospect.

the pay is ok but not great. are they good about giving raises after evaluating your work or hire for advancing from within.

any insight would be appreciated
    Last edited by skorepeo; 03-26-2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: just to get attention!!!

why do i feel like i asked a stupid question

Worked for them for about nine horrible months in a plant in Dayton, Ohio.
    They initially put us through a week-long training session- safety, company culture etc. Sounded pretty good. We were all impressed.

Then it came time to go over to the plant. Unfortunately, they conveniently "forgot" to tell us that we would be the only non-union contractor in a site that was 100% union. You can imagine what happened.

UNNICO continued this pattern of deception later on when they decided to cut our skeleton staff (plant management didn't want us on site either and would not give us any work). They laid off two millwirghts. They then stated that there would not be any more layoffs. One week later they laid off an electrician. Once again, it was stated that there would be absolutely no more layoffs. Two days later, they axed an instrument technician. There just was no credibility in the management- at the local or higher levels. Unnico, I suppose, is like most companys in this regard- integrity takes a back seat to the profit margin.

Myself- my old employer called me one day and asked if I would be willing to come back to work for them. I did not hesitate. Unfortunately, Unnico is probably no better or no worse than any other company on the tundra of the
    American service industry.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

day 1 safety training company policy just as you said

day 2 is today they hired me as 90 day contract to hire. this sounds fishy but i shall have a good attitude and look at it as 90 day time period to evaluate them and keep sending out resumes

Hopefully, your management and treatment will be much better. I am sure it varies from place to place. They may indeed be a decent company to work for. Take advantage of your 90 day period and check with your co-workers on what they think (Beware, you always have people who are going to complain. But if you get a consistent message from a wide variety of people it should give you a good idea what the truth is).

I most certainly wish you the best of luck and perhaps it will open some doors for greater opportunities.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner