+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't come to Macon, Ga.

Post Likes

Don't come to Macon, Ga.

If anyone is looking for work, don't come down to Macon Georgia. I have thirty years in the trade, all industrial and commercial, and have worked on everything from centrifiguls to absorbtion to two ton split systems and can't find a job.

I know it's time to move on and was wondering if any states down here in the "deep south" have any work. I'd really hate to go back to the freezing cold weather of New York. I'm sort of getting used to the weather here. Right now temp is 82...

If anybody knows about work. . . I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks, guys.

Post Likes
    how about giving Trane /Atlanta a call,big tonnage techs especially ABS are in short supply
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Post Likes
    How about New Orleans?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by forever chilled water View Post
    If anyone is looking for work, don't come down to Macon Georgia. I have thirty years in the trade, all industrial and commercial, and have worked on everything from centrifiguls to absorbtion to two ton split systems and can't find a job.

I know it's time to move on and was wondering if any states down here in the "deep south" have any work. I'd really hate to go back to the freezing cold weather of New York. I'm sort of getting used to the weather here. Right now temp is 82...

If anybody knows about work. . . I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks, guys.
    What happen there?
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

Post Likes
    I talked to Trane, Maxter. But I have to move to Atlanta. It's only like 65 miles away but I wonder about the wisdom of packing up all my **** and moving 65 miles. I might end up doing that, but if I have to pack, I'm going to look around a bit, see whats out there.

And I thought about New Orleans, Absorbrtek. But I'm going to have to pick up a gun to defend myself. I hear it's turned into a pretty rough place. Also expensive to live. But I do like the music and food!

I still have a few weeks to decide and look around. . . I guess I might just have to see what I can find out there in this great country of ours.

But like I said, don't come to Macon. It's dying.

Post Likes
    Well its not really New Orleans it is Metarie. And the work is all over the place not just NO. I thought the cost of living was pretty low for the payscale offered.

Post Likes
    Thanks Absorbrteck. I'll check into it.

I have a woman friend who lives in NO and she tells me that rents are three times the price that they were before Katrina. Haven't checked the cost of housing myself, but maybe I'll give her a call later today.

Oh, by the way, it isn't res. work, is it? As bad as I want to work. . . I DON"T think I can get into crawling around in attics or crawl spaces. . . know what I mean?

Post Likes
    All commecial/industrial with alot of chiller work.

Post Likes
    Try McQuay in Atlanta . They cover the entire state of GA .

Post Likes
    I would watch Big "T" in the ATL, their flip rate on techs is approaching residential standards. If you are serious about work, 65 miles a day is nothing, I know guys that drive almost twice that to live in the mountains. If you get a company truck, who cares. I live close and end up an hour in traffic any way. If you are serious you may need to join the union or find an open shop. I know GA chiller is a real good company and all the techs are happy. Give them a call. As mentioned there are companies with satellite offices across the state.
    Two wire hook up, three wire f**k up.

Post Likes
    I was offered a job with McQuay about eight years ago, Zero, but I turned them down. They were giving me the real hard sell, telling me they had my uniforms ordered and were just waiting for my okay to order me a truck. . . it scared the hell out of me! I'm from the old school, I like low pressure machines. But high pressure machines are starting to look mighty good right about now.

And refr, the big "T" has an office down here (only a few mechanics, I think 2 or 3) and I tried them, but of course they said I had to go to Atlanta. And Atlanta said they didn't want to step on Macon's toes. . . go figure! But Ga. Chillers might be a good idea, I forgot all about them.
    And your right, sixty miles isn't really a big deal, as long as I'm not driving my own truck.

I think I'll call both of them now, thanks.

Post Likes

Job

I saw Turbocor was looking for a service Tech near a major airport on their web site, Isn't Atlanta THE airport for the south, I flew out of New Orleans to Seattle and had to go BACK to Atlanta to get there..

Post Likes
    Hey FCR,

Have you ever spoke to Aircon?

You're right about Macon, what a friggin MESS

When the last person with a job leaves, tell C. Jack to turn out the lights..

Good Luck

Stephen
    "Value our Differences"

Post Likes
    Yea, Stephy, they told me to send them a resume- did it but haven't heard anything back... Macon is so ****ing backward. C Jack is more interested in traveling then doing his job.

And I've never heard of Turbocor, I guess I should try and look them up.

But it looks like Fla is interested in chiller men...

Post Likes

Job

Hey I saw your post, here is a link to there web site, I don't if you would be interested, cool looking compressor though.

http://turbocor.com/about_us/employment.htm...

Post Likes

Hmm If you're still looking...

Shoot me an email. We say the same thing about Macon except that we can't find anyone who wants to work around here. info@pikespeakperformance.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ol-fla-boy View Post
    Hey I saw your post, here is a link to there web site, I don't if you would be interested, cool looking compressor though.

http://turbocor.com/about_us/employment.htm...
    Yeah...if you're a tech, you'll never be short work with them.

I kid
    Last edited by DanEl; 06-12-2007 at 07:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in