Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i would rather have a properly installed trane than a properly installed goodman anyday when you clean the condensor coil on a goodman if you are not extremely careful you can ruin it . they are the thinnest

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    i would rather have a properly installed trane than a properly installed goodman anyday when you clean the condensor coil on a goodman if you are not extremely careful you can ruin it . they are the thinnest
    As opposed to the tinsel coils on tranes? Yeah they are easy to clean when they get matted up good. Junk. Just famous by name and thats it. As many tranes are out there still running there are others. How many blue front discharge Bryant's are still out there? still humming away.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Thumbs down Punctuation?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    As opposed to the tinsel coils on tranes? Yeah they are easy to clean when they get matted up good. Junk. Just famous by name and thats it. As many tranes are out there still running there are others. How many blue front discharge Bryant's are still out there? still humming away.
    TRANE has the All-Aluminum "SpineFin" coil, tinsel is for Christmas trees. Lotsa airflow & easily removable panels allow for easy cleaning. No pressure washers needed! No bashing needed, just emotions speaking huh?
    Humming birds hum!

when they outlaw cotton wood trees ...

i spent 3 hours brushing out a tangled mat of tree fuzz on one trane.

Confused Hairbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by nubbin View Post
    i spent 3 hours brushing out a tangled mat of tree fuzz on one trane.
    Leafblower or shopvac does a good job with entangled debris. The perfect design to eliminate all problems encountered while cleaning the condenser coil is not available.....yet! Semi-annual maint. also helps. Rubbing alcohol and a match works with the cotton removal process. Low flame and heat doesn't hurt the SpineFin, just explain to the HO that it saves time & money!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyr24 View Post
    TRANE has the All-Aluminum "SpineFin" coil, tinsel is for Christmas trees. Lotsa airflow & easily removable panels allow for easy cleaning. No pressure washers needed! No bashing needed, just emotions speaking huh?
    Humming birds hum!
    i doubt in so cal that u run into the same matted messes that others do. lots of sand no?
    its all a matter of opinion anyway
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Fuzz on Trane Coil

I do have an old trane coil. all i need now is a busy tree and a match.
    thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123