Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    3

    Trane & American Standard

    I noticed on the bottom of Trane's website that their are an American Standard ompany.

    http://www.trane.com/

    What gives??

    Are their products the same with different lablels??

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    255
    Different labels and different paint. Same guts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue View Post
    I noticed on the bottom of Trane's website that their are an American Standard ompany.

    http://www.trane.com/

    What gives??

    Are their products the same with different lablels??

    Thanks.
    same product just like

    GMC Chevrolet
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    3
    Thanks.

    Just your opinion, what brand would you use?

    Goodman, Trane, or American Standard??

    Understand the installation is key but...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    451
    Amana


    Installer is more important than brand. A company that will stand behind their product and do a quality install.
    If the same company is installing all the brands you mentioned and price is not an issue....Trane
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hetrola View Post
    Amana


    Installer is more important than brand. A company that will stand behind their product and do a quality install.
    If the same company is installing all the brands you mentioned and price is not an issue....Trane

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem, PA
    Posts
    17
    They made by the same company and the same people, I work for American Standard both products are great!

  8. #8
    Arco Aire = Comfortmaker
    Carrier = Payne
    Rheem = Ruud

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    indy
    Posts
    56
    Trane is #1 less break down. Goodman #1 most break down What do you think?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by indytech View Post
    Trane is #1 less break down. Goodman #1 most break down What do you think?
    Because more homeowners have purchased Goodman thinking they can install them properly.......think about it!!!


    I can install any piece of equipment and have it perform perfectly. Bottom-line, it's the install, not the equipment.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    451

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by indytech View Post
    Trane is #1 less break down. Goodman #1 most break down What do you think?
    Is that the latest poll.

    Last i checked the consumer reports had American Standard at #1,
    Trane was at #3
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

  12. #12
    but the same people make the same product, in the same factory, at the same time. they have the same part numbers...............

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by coronado2412 View Post
    but the same people make the same product, in the same factory, at the same time. they have the same part numbers...............

    If you look at the chart their isn't that much of a difference top to bottom percentage wise.(if i remember right)

    Plus i think that was taken from '97-'02, alot has changed in designs since then.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event