Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Imo the best head light is one that if you loose you wont be out too much

Ive broke many different headlamps and cap clip lights. Due to water and abuse. And ive lost afew too.

I've been buying these for quite some time now

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1372965661599.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  52.8 KB
    Energizer hard case series

They last me about six months or longer before the band stretches out too far, but the light on all my old ones still work.
    I use it daily, and goes around my neck before I leave home.
    Batteries (3 AAA'S) last a very long time (I always forget to turn it off) and I change them anywhere from 3-4 weeks.
    Cost is under $30

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I posted the wrong one. Below is the one I use daily.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1372979132067.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  25.0 KB

http://www.energizer.com/flashlights...headlight.aspx

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Zebralight

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Zebralight
    X2

Along with what I said several threads back, they are very well built and should last several years if not forever. The only thing you may have to replace is the band, but even that is so well made, I'm going on 5 years of nearly daily use of my H60 and the head band is just fine.

You guys need to trust me on the flood version of the Zebralight headlghts. They are perfect for our line of work. A bright spot in the middle of what you are working on isn't good. They give a smooth wall of light without a spot and spill. They are also small and fit in your tool bag. Some of the other lights mentioned are large with remote battery packs, big reflectors, and tree straps. They do you no good sitting in the truck when you need a little light.

This thread should be what is the second best light headlight. Because, take it from the flashlight geek(me), Zebralight "F" series is the best headlight for close up work like what we do.

BTW I hope everyone had a great Independence Day!!
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

I Actually like the 502w the better than the F series.

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I Actually like the 502w the better than the F series.
    To clarify any confusion. The 502w is a flood light.

It is the same thing that I am saying. Zebralight flood lights are the best headlamps for our job. The 502 is a dedicated flood headlamp. The other ones I mentioned that are designated with an "F" are the flood version of that particular light. ie: the H51F is the flood version of the H51 headlamp. There is no non-flood 502, it is a food light only.

Also, I mentioned a few posts back that the 502 is the best flood AA headlamp that Zebralight makes and the bare emitter that the 502 uses makes a better more even flood pattern than the reflector/frosted lens "F" series lights, like the H51F. So we are in agreement. The 502w is better than the "F" version headlamps.

Also, I am personally waiting for the 602(due out in a month or two) which will be the bare emitter no reflector 18650 headlamp and will be a better flood headlamp than the H600F that is currently in production.

Told you I was a flashlight geek.
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

http://www.amazon.com/Coast-HL7-Focu.../dp/B005NXPW5W

I use this one and i like it. Adjustable brightness, takes AAA batteries and has held up great from being dropped and thrown around on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Balonie View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Coast-HL7-Focu.../dp/B005NXPW5W

I use this one and i like it. Adjustable brightness, takes AAA batteries and has held up great from being dropped and thrown around on a daily basis
    I bought that one then I lost it. Never again

Thanks fellas for all the replies. I've been meaning to write this post for sometime but I've been blessed with more work than usual.

I recieved my Zebra light about a week ago. I don't have the box with me at the moment so the model escapes me. I believe it was the third one that Brian suggested (thanks for all the details in the post fella). Immediately I was surprised by the compactness of it. The unit seemed to be build pretty well, and the elastic strap looked to be as well. I turned it on and all of us at the shop were impressed how bright it was. Light on high for 5 minutes then off until the next job. Climb up in an attic, hit the button once and got the power of the sun right there. 3 second later, it dimmed down to a lower level. WTF? Tried it again, same deal. Tried it several times and the same thing happened. "Ok, maybe battery is an issue and damnit, I should have bought a charger (which I didn't see they carried)." I use it maybe 10 minutes and turned if off, leaving it around my neck until I hit the sack and hung it on the bedpost. It had been off since that morning. Wake up in the am before sunrise to water the plants, looking forward to tinkering with it. Hit the button and nothing. Dead. Completely. I then noticed the lense looked as if it had a film of some sort on it though it wasn't even and didn't look intentional. So I went and looked for their contact info on their page and found not a dang thing. I've looked online and found nothing but their Facebook page which I left a message on though I doubt it'll do the job. So far, I'm fairly aggravated about the light but more so their customer service. I really dig the light but I don't know that it's worth the hassle if I have to go through this to get a good product and be able to use it. I'm fairly certain I mighty have gotten a lemon but I would have expected a longer charge out of it than the one it came with and the film on the inside, I can't account for. Just an FYI of my experiences with this product.
    I love the struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by quiet mike View Post
    Thanks fellas for all the replies. I've been meaningfulg to write this post for sometime but I've been blessed with more work than usual.

I recieved my Zebra light about a week ago. I don't have the box with me at the moment so the model escapes me. I believe it was the third one that Brian suggested (thanks for all the details in the post fella). Immediately I was surprised by the compactness of it. The unit seemed to be build pretty well, and the elastic strap looked to be as well. I turned it on and all of us at the shop were impressed how bright it was. Light on high for 5 minutes then off until the next job. Climb up in an attic, hit the button once and got the power of the sun right there. 3 second later, it dimmed down to a lower level. WTF? Tried it again, same deal. Tried it several times and the same thing happened. "Ok, maybe battery is an issue and damnit, I should have bought a charger (which I didn't see they carried)." I use it maybe 10 minutes and turned if off, leaving it around my neck until I hit the sack and hung it on the bedpost. It had been off since that morning. Wake up in the am before sunrise to water the plants, looking forward to tinkering with it. Hit the button and nothing. Dead. Completely. I then noticed the lense looked as if it had a film of some sort on it though it wasn't even and didn't look intentional. So I went and looked for their contact info on their page and found not a dang thing. I've looked online and found nothing but their Facebook page which I left a message on though I doubt it'll do the job. So far, I'm fairly aggravated about the light but more so their customer service. I really dig the light but I don't know that it's worth the hassle if I have to go through this to get a good product and be able to use it. I'm fairly certain I mighty have gotten a lemon but I would have expected a longer charge out of it than the one it came with and the film on the inside, I can't account for. Just an FYI of my experiences with this product.
    Wow, sorry about the trouble.
    Here is their contact page.

https://zebralight.3dcartstores.com/...tion=contactus

Thanks Brian for the quick response. I still have faith in their products, probably just a fluke. I shouldn't have said "contact info" but phone number. I highly detest having to go through email and not be able to talk to a human. Either way, I'll email them now. Thanks again fella.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast