Thread: Hilmor tools

Hilmor tools

Went to Johnstones and asked what happened to Hilmor display and they said "customer broke tube bender on first attempt so they pulled it down." Unbelievable.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

No responses must remain politically correct I guess.

Nobody around here has even heard of Hilmor. None of the wholesalers carry it.

I bought their orbital flare tool and its actually really nice. I hope it lasts........

I only have from this site. None of the guys I work with have any.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Went to Johnstones and asked what happened to Hilmor display and they said "customer broke tube bender on first attempt so they pulled it down." Unbelievable.
    Sounds like their craftsmanship is just like their customer service: Terrible,

Yea there were whole threads on these tools a while back they were sopposed to be the next big thing. The dist. have been putting up displays. Nice green tools and gauges that turn colors in accordance with Freon types.

I've Seen Them

I was at a First Supply today and they had a hilmor display.

I looked at the gauge manifolds and hand tools, everything was made in Taiwan or China. Even the hoses where made in Mexico.

First Supply also has Robinair. All the Robinair stuff I looked at was Made in USA, but not a single hilmor was.

Looked at the ratcheting tube bender the other day. Nice looking, metal parts instead of plastic like the yellow jacket. No reverse bending adapter available, will stick with the YJ.

I was interested in their hydraulic tubing expander, because the right angle design of it would allow easier access in some situations, but it costs about $100 more than the Yellow Jacket #60407 kit, and doesn't come with a 1 1/8" expander head, which would cost another $100.
    I actually ended up picking up the YJ 60407 kit on sale for $180 less than the $430 Johnstone wanted for the Hilmor kit.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Mark I just got the hilmor expander tool I love it its a great tool and I payed 342$ at Gimaire.
    Beside that I purchased the flaring tool so far I love those tools

Quote Originally Posted by tapiaro View Post
    Mark I just got the hilmor expander tool I love it its a great tool and I payed 342$ at Gimaire.
    Beside that I purchased the flaring tool so far I love those tools
    I think you overpaid.

I got the YJ expander from Johnstone for $299 and I got two additional sizes 1 and 3/8 and 1 and 5/8 that the hilmor do not have.