Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here is a better way to think about this. r22 just happens to have such a composition that it can have excessive discharge temps under normal compression ratios. But anything with excessive compression ratios will certainly have high discharge temps.

Not sure of your response, just wanted to clarify.

I've run into a lot of the same problems on lt 22 rack systems. Sometimes you'd think it would be easier to just post a guy there permanently to save the headaches! Not sure if anyone else has used this but i e had really good luck with AC-Renew from nu-calgon. Made for 22 systems it blends with the oil and seems to keep it from breaking down as fast. After a rebuild on one of the semi-hermetics the gunk built up on the plates was way less after using this stuff and have yet to run into the same oil related problems on the others (knocks on wood). Just an option I figured I'd throw out there, that and a lot of Tylenol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    Here is a better way to think about this. r22 just happens to have such a composition that it can have excessive discharge temps under normal compression ratios. But anything with excessive compression ratios will certainly have high discharge temps.

Not sure of your response, just wanted to clarify.
    Completely agree...higher compression ratios do result in higher discharge temperatures.

Because of its thermodynamic properties, R-22 has challenges as a low temp refrigerant...that being high discharge temps. A Sporlan Y-1037 or Copeland demand cooling system will reduce the suction vapor temperature, which in turn will reduce the discharge temp. Without one of these, continue to expect mineral oil decomposition and contamination issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12