CSI Display Handheld Controller

I have a building full of CSI controls, mr88. The software is proprietary and I have to call the local rep every time I need to see inside a controller and what it is doing. I was poking around in a parts bin and found a handheld CSI display. It has a LED 1 line display with a whole set of buttons. The back says "Prg: HC7410 R2.10" (Model HC7410) It has some assorted 6 and 8 pin RJ cables in the box for connections.

Does anyone know what I have and what it can do? If I can use it to see what the controllers are doing would be great, Anyone have literature on this handheld display?

Thanks
    Zandman

Control Systems Jargon

Getting into the building control I was used to the systems being called BAS (Building Automation System). Others have referred to it as an EMS (Energy Management System) and still others as a BMS (Building Management System)

What is the prevailing standard jargon that you guys/gals use for a building controls system? and why?

BAS (Building Automation System)
    EMS (Energy Management System)
    BMS (Building Management System)

Thanks
    Zandman

Oops, Wanted to start a new thread on that reply, Ignore the Control System Jargon post.

BAS (Building Automation System)
    EMS (Energy Management System)
    BMS (Building Management System)

All terms three terms are the standard in my area (Indianapolis), it usually depends on the engineering firm who designs the job as to what your system will be called.

Also, I have used the CSI handheld that you are talking about and I believe one of our guys has some literature. I'll check in the office tomorrow, and post any info.

The primary purpose of the Hand Held Console (HHC) is to set the address of controllers. All primary controllers (DCU, PCU, LCU, UCI, Bldg. Mgr., and UC’s) on the older generation of hardware you could use the HHC to plug into a controller look at AI’s command outputs etc.. We also use the HHC for setting the com port and LAN baud rate, Tap emulation, and clearing the memory. Also the old style Lini Temp sensors had a RJ11 you could plug the HHC directly into the wall sensor.

Today we really only use it for addressing. The newer Sub-LAN controllers like the MR88 does not have a RJ11 jack like the old Unitary Controllers.

For Micro Regulators and Application Specific Controllers depending on what type of temp sensors you are using, certain ones can except an RS-232 jack which if wired correctly is used in conjunction with an M-Stat Tool. The M-Stat Tool would probably be more useful than the HHC for what you have, but KEEP the HHC the last time I bought one 3 years ago it was about $ my cost, plus cables. If you ever need to address a controller or clear the memory it is a must.

http://www.box.net/shared/9uey58pmdl
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-27-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Removed price

HC7410

Zandman,
    Do you still have the HC7410?
    Are you interested in selling it?
    my email address is Please put your email in your profile, not in post, thank you.
    Thanks,
    e_pugh

Quote Originally Posted by zandman View Post
    I have a building full of CSI controls, mr88. The software is proprietary and I have to call the local rep every time I need to see inside a controller and what it is doing. I was poking around in a parts bin and found a handheld CSI display. It has a LED 1 line display with a whole set of buttons. The back says "Prg: HC7410 R2.10" (Model HC7410) It has some assorted 6 and 8 pin RJ cables in the box for connections.

Does anyone know what I have and what it can do? If I can use it to see what the controllers are doing would be great, Anyone have literature on this handheld display?

Thanks
    Zandman
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-27-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Does anyone have a manual on the controls something to help navigate thru the panel

Does anyone have a Hc7410, or know where I could find one?
    e_pugh