Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    What is the SSH when the compressor first starts - and what is it just before the compressor shuts off on the thermostat?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    ( sorry jim , i already played with stat screws ) i have it set now comming on at 38 and off at 31 with the knob on 3

so the low side is still a bit too low at 12 ? Need a tiny squirt ....

Whats a good low side
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

I did the unheard of .... I called True tech supp

He said this little unit just goes by suction press , and 12 - 14 is the target when box at temp , and drier 115 degrees , well im at 13 psi now and filter 114 deg , box 34

Sweeeet im done with this sob

Thanks to all

ps . ambient is 76 out and humid

Lol 4 pages later, and the little engine that could finally conquered that true self contained unit. He smiled proudly as he wheeled it back into the store, only to find Coke had already Ben out and replaced it with a new unit. The customer asked the little engine if he could kindly scrap that junk and went about his day.

/thread

Saddle valves man. Always just put some saddles on there and find out what's going on right off the bat. Chasing your tail playing the guessing game for days rarely ever ends up being worth the headache of not just playing out the diagnoses from A to Z.. Especially on little cap tube systems with 134a. That gas and its oil plugging issues is a wash. At this point. First thing I do with any 134a system is pull it, evac to 300microns and drop in MP39 (401a). Then go from there. 50% of the time just changing the gas does the trick. 134a is god awful gas. And I don't care what anyone says to defend it with its low CFCs and all that nonsense. It plugs driers and cap tubes. way too often.

why would you change the gas ? Does it run lower head/cond temps ?

I hate saddles , they tend to leak after time.

I had one leak out the friggin box , man i about flipped !

134A refrigerant has never clogged a single drier or cap tube in its existence!

Just get a pinch-off tool and add service fittings to process stubs with that. Only takes a few minutes, and most of that is going to get your torch.

I'll admit when I'm wrong.

I'll have to look up that unit. I've never seen a pop cooler wanting a 10-12 degree evap. (I don't have a PT chart on me just going of poor memory of <1 degree per PSI.)

Sounds like frozen product waiting to happen.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234