r409a or r414b or does it really matter

I'm coming across several old reach in and walk in coolers with r-12 replacements in them. A couple of the restraunts i do regularly have 401,409,and 414 in the same kitchen. With the price of refer, and the fact it may take awhile to sell a whole jug worth here is the question.
    I want to buy iether 409a, or 414b and just get everything switched over to the same refer as things fail/need worked on. So medium temp walk in's and reach ins would you buy 409 or 414 or does it really matter much? They have all already been converted from r12, so iether way should be straight forward. I can only afford one or the other. thanks

I found that 414b worked better in the smaller undercounter units, 409a would run hi head pressure in those units. Never tried it in a walk-in those were usually converted to 404.

409 has always played nice with me on walk-ins .... but yes its getting pricey

ya price is crazy for both, so i gotta pick one and use it for all these oldies.

First, I used MP39, then I went with 409, and that is what my customers have although a few have 416.
    I have 2 couple of cans 409 so I an all set for a while. Thinking about 416 for all inside units. Don't have faith in it for winter outdoor use. So damn many can't to carry and haven't even started on all the r22 replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    ya price is crazy for both, so i gotta pick one and use it for all these oldies.

I go with 409 for all of it.
    For the occasional freezer app it runs cooler temps before running in a vacuum.

For many years I have used 414 in everything which had 12 or 134 or 409 in it.

The 414 head pressure trends lower than 409 so that's what I use. I just bought some 414-2 - because it was so much less expensive but I have yet to use it. No 22 in it.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    I'm coming across several old reach in and walk in coolers with r-12 replacements in them. A couple of the restraunts i do regularly have 401,409,and 414 in the same kitchen. With the price of refer, and the fact it may take awhile to sell a whole jug worth here is the question.
    I want to buy iether 409a, or 414b and just get everything switched over to the same refer as things fail/need worked on. So medium temp walk in's and reach ins would you buy 409 or 414 or does it really matter much? They have all already been converted from r12, so iether way should be straight forward. I can only afford one or the other. thanks
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

putting in a new salad unit with a remote instead or 134, I am thinking 416.