TRANE XL90 Blower Motor Replacement Question...

Hello all,
    I have an older Trane XL 90 that I belIEve the squirrel cage motor is going out. The motor will run for about 10 minutes then just buzzes and stops turning, I removed the whole squirrel cage assembly and when it is not in contact with the furnace housing runs just fine but when It comes into contact with the housing will lock up. Am I correct that this is because the motor is going bad? If so the motor is GE# 5KCP39KG with N691S in bold, 1/2 HP - 115V - 9.3 AMP - 1375 RPM. Is there a generic replacement, the Grainger guy seemed stumped and couldnt find one to match the specs, closest he had was a 9.0AMP with 1075 RPM, I assume this will not cut it? Any advice is appreciated!

This is not a DIY forum. The replacement motor should be a match if you stick with a PSC type motor. If you choose to upgrade to a Genteq Evegreen or Emerson Ecotech ECM constant torque motor, it won't need a capacitor, it will use less electricity, but should be professionally installed.

You will have better success calling a reputable contractor to source and replace your blower motor, regardless.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

get a service tech to check it as it could be some thing else ,if it is the motor it will be best to get a Trane oe motor due to the rpm and they are pricy
    We really need change now