mold in master bath

New to this site and thx for the input

OK we have a 2400 square foot home with two return ducts...the larger one 20x25 is located in the hallway right outside the 2nd bathroom which has no mold issues. Now the master bath w/a shower stall has the mold issue. I have steam the mold clean and even scraped the old calk and replaced it with new calk and in a about 9-12 months later the mold is back. Now we have a 12x12 return air duct in the Master BR would it be a good idea to move or block the 12x12 return air duct from the bedroom into the master bath to get rid of the moisture or am I asking for more problems down the road? I see this working OK during the winter to add moisture in the air when we are heating the home w/natural gas.

Any thoughts?

You need a bath fan to run feom the time yhe shower is on and for 15/30 min after shower is off.

If this growth is in a tiled shower it mostlikely has a header at the door wich does not allow all the steam out.

Mildew on cauling in shower is as common as moss on a tree.

what is on the other side of the wall of the shower stall?
    is the master bath on a second floor?
    shower unit?
    it is suprising the amount of times that there is no insulation
    behind the shower units. I see it all the time in moldy
    bathroom issues.

you don't put return air in bathrooms or kitchens.

best of luck.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Can you recommend one? I do all my own electrical work so that will not be a prob. Wow pretty common....pretty sad cuz the wife brings it up about once a month. A header?? What do you mean? Our shower unit has 3 sides and no top

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    You need a bath fan to run feom the time yhe shower is on and for 15/30 min after shower is off.

If this growth is in a tiled shower it mostlikely has a header at the door wich does not allow all the steam out.

Mildew on cauling in shower is as common as moss on a tree.
    Can you recommend one? I do all my own electrical work so that will not be a prob. Wow pretty common....pretty sad cuz the wife brings it up about once a month. A header?? What do you mean? Our shower unit has 3 sides and no top

Quote Originally Posted by energy_rater_La View Post
    is the master bath on a second floor?
    shower unit?
    it is suprising the amount of times that there is no insulation
    bathroom issues.

you don't put return air in bathrooms or kitchens.

best of luck.
    1 side exterior wall, other side clear view to garden tub, and other side is the the throne w/it's own room w/a vent insideis the master bath on a second floor? No 1 storyshower unit? Huh? Stand up shower unitit is suprising the amount of times that there is no insulation
    bathroom issues. Well I guess the only way to check is to revmove sheetrock above tile work