Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Is the tif h10 as good as the other h10?
    Did Tif sell the H10 also? Not sure I've seen one, but all the others are the same no matter whose name is on it. Bacharach, Yogagawa, Mars, Johnson Controls, etc. Do you have a link or a picture of the Tif H10?

Edit:

Never mind, found it.

Hmm? I think I would stay away from that. I think it must be different. The little cover on the right you see on H10G's is where the sensor is located. This one doesn't have it. Maybe the sensor is the same but they put it inside? I think I wouldn't mess with it though.

If you are interested, I am picking up another H10G next week I will not need. I will check it out and make sure all is well with it. If so, I will sell it for $175 shipped. PM me if interested. If anyone else is interested, let me know. It is supposed to be in great shape and perfect working order and has the slightly larger "Mars" case, which is nice.
    Last edited by Brian8383; 06-30-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    In 1959, Cuba wanted "CHANGE" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    R22

I'm going to do some more testing to make sure the what I saw yesterday is accurate. This is the main reason I won't post the video. Also, the H10 is hands down the best leak detector and I don't want to trash the SRL because it very well may be the best rechargeable handheld out there. It is certainly better than my D-tek. I think it would only be fair to compare the SRL to other rechargeable handhelds and then show how all the handhelds get their butts spanked by H10's. The SRL I used is new, the h10G is used from 2011 but looks like it was never used.

I have heard the SRL works very well on R410, and will keep it if it out performs the H10.

One side note on the H10 and R410. I called Bacharach the other day and asked them about H10 and R410. The tech I talked to said to turn the leak size on "SM" and turn the sensor heater adjustment up 1/8 of a turn. Make sure to turn it back down when done. It shortens the life of the sensor.
    Here you go. This was with a leak refference I borrored from another member. IMO I/R like the termite fart sniffer or inficon are hit or mis. For some reason you will get good results some days and not others at least that has been my experience with them. A heated type sensor is the way to go.
    There are some 410 clips there too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krNJw8Rb0Nc

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Here you go. This was with a leak refference I borrowed ed from another member. IMO I/R like the termite fart sniffer or inficon are hit or mis. For some reason you will get good results some days and not others at least that has been my experience with them. A heated type sensor is the way to go.
    There are some 410 clips there too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krNJw8Rb0Nc
    That's funny. I saw your video about two hours ago. Just messing around on you tube

h10 is all i will use and dtek for 410a i like

Stared in this trade using H10, great detector, somewhat high learning curve. Also, it has no wand to reach into hard to get places, it's more like a pointer.

Had the dtek, waste of money, never worked right.

Next had the Zx-1. Great detector, only okay for CFC's. usually had to be significant in size. Parts were a pain to get for it and I think it's out of production. Is the ZX it's replacement?

Now I use SLR2. Once I figured out how to use it, have a much higher opinion of it. The con is the filter, must absolutely clean/moisture free or you'll have problems. Searching a wet coil takes some skill and care.

Overall though the H-10 is still the best ever made.

I don't know,any time I got a false alarm from a leak detector it is mostly on a freezer and with the door open,usually goes away with a closed door. I am thinking the air from outside is drawing inside due to the cold?

I had the zx1, I thought it as crap. I just traded it in for the ZX, ZX1 was still under warranty. I can only hope. I do have the UEI and it does a fair job. Haven't used either for 410 yet. Just haven't had any leaks. AND no this in not a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by n-e-w Jerz! View Post
    Stared in this trade using H10, great detector, somewhat high learning curve. Also, it has no wand to reach into hard to get places, it's more like a pointer.

Had the dtek, waste of money, never worked right.

Next had the Zx-1. Great detector, only okay for CFC's. usually had to be significant in size. Parts were a pain to get for it and I think it's out of production. Is the ZX it's replacement?

Now I use SLR2. Once I figured out how to use it, have a much higher opinion of it. The con is the filter, must absolutely clean/moisture free or you'll have problems. Searching a wet coil takes some skill and care.

Overall though the H-10 is still the best ever made.

I tried and dislike the Infijunk, own 2 h10 and 2 zx-1, they are the best leaks detectors money can buy.
    The Tif h10 is a piece of crap, dont waste your money on it.

I didn't like the zx-1 at all. Think it might have been a bad one. I now have the ZX. Hope I have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I tried and dislike the Infijunk, own 2 h10 and 2 zx-1, they are the best leaks detectors money can buy.
    The Tif h10 is a piece of crap, dont waste your money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    I didn't like the zx-1 at all. Think it might have been a bad one. I now have the ZX. Hope I have better luck.
    We all have different taste...in food,tools or women

I think the ZX is just like the ZX-1, was it made in the USA?

H-10 is nice is you have the available funds. I stick by my SRL8 [Fieldpiece] though. D-Tek is a good of equipment, but the SRL is making an impact. Affordability is the number one question.

Quote Originally Posted by RJudge View Post
    H-10 is nice is you have the available funds. I stick by my SRL8 [Fieldpiece] though. D-Tek is a good of equipment, but the SRL is making an impact. Affordability is the number one question.

With the cost of refrigerant, particularly R-22 rising steadily, you cannot afford to miss leaks.

Affordability is a combination of cost of the unit and its ability to do the job properly the first time.

My first boss out of trade school told me "I have tried them all - get the H-10" Then he showed me how the h-10 could be so sensitive that it can pick up a signal from the foam insulation in older cases. I have never trusted anything else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast