Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is there a different HVAC forum that is good?

Looking for a different HVAC forum to join because I am getting sick of the police moderators on this site, Last night I accidentally posted a response in the " pros" only forum and got the police moderator saying that my posting was removed and posting privileges may be lost. That's fine.. I did post in wrong location and it is their website to kick me out. The funny thing is my posting was saying to a homeowner not to DIY ( was a electrical wiring question) and to seek professional help. This morning ( after the dual Moderator police deal ) I reposted in same place stating that even though I posted in the wrong spot, My advice hopefully convinced this homeowner not to DYI which may have lead him to DIE. No "pros" came to offer this same advice, but buddy, the moderator police sure came quick for me.

There is no better forum than this one and its because of the rules.

Not a lot of un qualified idiots putting out bad info.

And the pro forums are awesome if you need help or advice from actual VETTED pro's

I was just on that thread and did post advice to the OP giving him some reasons why he shouldn't, and not that he could DIE.

MY advice to you is follow the rules, get your post count up, your almost there and apply for pro status. I think if you do that you will come to love this site like most do on here. There are a lot of good people on this site and even more knowledge floating around. Don't let 1 bad post taint your opinion of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    I was just on that thread and did post advice to the OP giving him some reasons why he shouldn't, and not that he could DIE.

MY advice to you is follow the rules, get your post count up, your almost there and apply for pro status. I think if you do that you will come to love this site like most do on here. There are a lot of good people on this site and even more knowledge floating around. Don't let 1 bad post taint your opinion of this site.
    Lots and lots of good stuff in the Pro tech forums.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I think I will walk into Olive Garden and ask them where the best Italian food is because I did not like being carded when I tried to buy alcohol.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

This place is loaded with persons who don't know the difference between administration and control.

You could start your own forum...

There's a couple more but this ones the best by far, the others just b*tch and moan about the rules here

Quote Originally Posted by LKJoel View Post

Best of luck with that.

Anyone can START a forum. What reason does the new site offer for posters to leave this site and come there? Quality of posters? Nah. This site has that in spades. More content? Nope. Manufacturer's reps? Got more of 'em here than anywhere else.

So, the only reasons I can see for a member leaving this site and going elsewhere are:

> Getting one's knickers in a twist because they didn't bother to read or to follow the site rules. This is easily preventable by reading and following fairly simple rules.

> Getting one's nose bent out of shape because they had a disagreement with another member. This frequently happens in ARP. Avoiding ARP unless you're a thick-skinned, insensitive lout like myself if the best way to prevent this from happening.

Unless you're gonna PAY me to offer advice on my own time on another website, I'll stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by LKJoel View Post
    And have no rules, so no one gets angry because they have to follow rules.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Why not just go to you tube, don't think there are a lot of rules, no one seems to care if the advice there is correct or even safe to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by healthyair guy View Post
    Looking for a different HVAC forum to join because I am getting sick of the police moderators on this site, Last night I accidentally posted a response in the " pros" only forum and got the police moderator saying that my posting was removed and posting privileges may be lost. That's fine.. I did post in wrong location and it is their website to kick me out. The funny thing is my posting was saying to a homeowner not to DIY ( was a electrical wiring question) and to seek professional help. This morning ( after the dual Moderator police deal ) I reposted in same place stating that even though I posted in the wrong spot, My advice hopefully convinced this homeowner not to DYI which may have lead him to DIE. No "pros" came to offer this same advice, but buddy, the moderator police sure came quick for me.

Why don't you just become a pro member?

Never mind. I see you got banned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast