Post Likes

goodman electric heat pump/ac problem

Hello all.
    Emergency heat will not turn off no matter if a/c, heat or even system off is selected on thermostat. The a/c compressor will cycle on if cool is selected, but emer. heat remains on as you can smell it and still feel heat from register. The only way to shut off emer. heat is to flip breakers to off. Any ideas???

Post Likes
    One possibility is the low voltage controls inside the unit. I highly recommend you call your local professional to service your furnace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by musselm7 View Post
    Hello all.
    Emergency heat will not turn off no matter if a/c, heat or even system off is selected on thermostat. The a/c compressor will cycle on if cool is selected, but emer. heat remains on as you can smell it and still feel heat from register. The only way to shut off emer. heat is to flip breakers to off. Any ideas???

I’m sorry, but we do not provide troubleshooting guidance in how to repair high voltage problems.

You do have a serious electrical issues that will require a qualified technician to investigate.

The safest thing to do, is to leave the system “OFF” at the breaker until someone looks at it.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    X3 on both of the above, not a repair for DIY. Have them service the system at the same time , it is probably due.
    UA Local 32

5. Likes Juan Madera liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks to all that replied. I figured it was electrical, but wanted to ask in case it was something simpler. Happy New Year to all.

Post Likes
    Not good to leave it on, may cause more damage. Good luck.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    An HVAC Tech will need to troubleshoot the circuits to find the components causing the problem...

The Tech needs to also check the system to see if 'everything' is functioning properly, including all safety devices...